Bayou Vista Trip- 07/23/13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayou Vista Trip- 07/23/13 Report

Neighbor just recently bought a new kayak and wanted to make a run somewhere so I took him to the outside of the Bayou Vista area. Winds were bad but the water was in decent shape. Picked off 3 trout before the sun came fully up on tops including a 22 incher. Switched over to a hackberry and picked off a few more, though they were mainly dinks. Most fish were caught in the guts next to shell reefs. Ended the day with 5 trout. While they weren't bunched up, I had plenty of blow-ups and hits. Just not in the zone I guess. Neighbor couldn't get anything going. We did find a small section where we pulled up a few mangrove snapper that were just under the minimum.
    Last edited by Jhua; July 23, 2013, 03:43 PM.
    Resident Ninja

Good report, at least you were out there and caught a few. Thanks for the report, sounds like the rain helped!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Bayou Vista Trip- 07/23/13 Report

Sounds like a good morning. I gotta drag my yak out again!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool. Unless ya'll paddled those yaks all the way from BV to >9mi offshore, mangroves have no size or bag limits.

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Had fun and got some fish .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report, tight lines

Comment

Great report. TL
              "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                Cool. Unless ya'll paddled those yaks all the way from BV to >9mi offshore, mangroves have no size or bag limits.
                My good friend Yan took the words right out of my mouth no limits on the mangos
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice going and ya had me wondering when did mangroves get a limit???
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Darn. Next time I keeping all those suckers!
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

What were you catching the mangroves on?

Comment

Originally posted by spannymacker View Post
                        What were you catching the mangroves on?
                        Live shrimp
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice report. Thanks for sharing!
                          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Working...
                          X