Kayak Curiosity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Curiosity!

Sooooo... I went on vacation about two weeks ago and I went out on a kaya for the first time and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a two seater little dinky one that I'm not even sure what the brand of it was. Anyhow, I am a semi- clumsy person (putting it semi- lightly :P) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a kayak that would be good for a female who doesn't have outstanding balance or much experience at all. I'm not looking to get one right away, but I'd like to educate myself for the near future.

Thanks, Sparklespec

Check out Diablo Paddle Sports

Comment

Visit fishing tackle unlimited beltway 8 and 45 south and Austin kayak on bisonnet in houston . Also google kayaks . Importantly , what do you want to do with the kayak ? A fishing kayak will be different from a white water kayak . In general , you want to be able to load/unload a kayak. . They weigh around 70 pounds for a 14-15 foot boat . Buy the lightest paddle you can afford . The lighter , the more expensive . The longer the craft , the better the glide and less movement left and right when you paddle . A rudder is real helpful for turning but they are expensive . Sounds like a 10 to 12 foot craft for sight seeing near shore would be good . Some like HOBIE are more stable . The wider the more stable , but more drag . WEAR A LIFE JACKET !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Kayak Curiosity!

Malibu mini x. Don't worry about a rudder. You won't know what you're missing anyways. The seat is WAY more important than a rudder.

Comment

Ive been on a Heritage angler and ascend fs12t. Both very sturdy and the same price. I just bought an ascend fs12t and love it. Welcome to FWE!!!!!
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Kayak Curiosity!

If you have not visited texaskayakfisherman.com, then I suggest you do. It's a very impressive site.

Comment

Bounty Hunter has a nice kayak for sale here on the site. If I didn't already have one I'd have plunked down some cash!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Re: Kayak Curiosity!

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                Bounty Hunter has a nice kayak for sale here on the site. If I didn't already have one I'd have plunked down some cash!
                Me too...seriously thought about it...might wait for the price drop!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I'm definitely going to check out the sites and models that y'all posted! Oh, also thank you Kenny! I am really enjoying the site and hopefully will have some new pictures of me with saltwater fish so I can change my profile picture, haha.

Comment

MiniX is what i use 90 percent of the time. It is light, about 35lb so it should be one of the easier yaks to carry. Harder to find those used.

If you watch the classifieds and craigslist you should be able to find a good used sit-on-top yak for under $600. Probably will be a 12'er and a bit heavy for a lady by herself to carry.

Comment

Working...
                    X