Extension for kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension for kayak

Any feedback on those extensions that go into the receiver to give you more length to set your yak on? Harbor freight has a cheaper one but i am kinda thinking it may not be worth the savings of maybe 50 bucks. Few comments on site said its flemsy. Thanks.

Try checking this thread out, on another site:

I use Yakima bars on top of my Jeep Liberty.
    For my truck I just wedge the kayak diagonally and put the tailgate up, under the yak.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26693[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26694[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26695[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26696[/ATTACH]

i've been using the bed extender for years and if one has a pickup truck , is the only way to go . I use to haul the kayak on the roof and that was a pain in the behind especially with my jacked up truck . These pictures are several years old and i have since bought a new bed extender . I think i bought it at harbor freight . I've had no problems with it . You want to lash some sort of heavy foam pad on the cross bar so your kayak doesn't ride on the metal . With my bed cover down nothing flies out of the kayak . I have everything lashed down though just in case . I have a removeable bicycle blinking red light on the end of the kayak for traveling in the dark . I travel with it loaded and ready to slide out and fish . Get one and you won't be sorry . Good luck !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Years ago before i had any type of light on the bed extender or end of the kayak , i got pulled over by hpd when i was blasting down 45 south at dark thirty to fish . He said he was sitting in the cruiser and saw a blur pass with a yellow thing hanging out the end . He was a nice guy and we talked fishing and he enquired about kayak fishing . He said i needed some type of light in the rear . He told me to get it done and if he saw me without a light in the future , he would have to issue me a ticket . I only had a red flag on the end at the time . The lights on the cross bar would have been enough to pass inspection , but , to prevent someone not seeing the end of the kayak , i put on the bicycle light .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks plugger....quite the photo documentary fellow.

Comment

Also thanks oleander....good link lots of ideas now

Comment

MY PLEASURE .

Comment

Went shopping at harbor freight and home depot now I shall s

Comment

Ooops..start the project now

Comment

I got the one from harbor freight. Havent used it yet but I did slide it in receiver and don't seem too flimsy.
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                    X