9-27-2013 east bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-27-2013 east bay

Friday , se wind 6-8 mph in the morning , picking up to 12-16 mph around 11 am . 8 inches visibility early and less as the wind picked up . Better water back in protected bayous . Air temperature topping out around 87 degrees andClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0347.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	574722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0349.JPG
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	574723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0348.JPG
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	574724 partly cloudy . Water , upper 80's .

Me and my buddy caught the 6 am ferry and launched at stingaree marina . He got in the water first because i stopped for gas and ice. Off he went hugging the shore line targeting red fish up shallow with a top water . By the time i got in the bay he was a speck on the horizon .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

I quickly lucked into a school of " schoolie " trout , 16-17 inches long . Darn though , i hooked 4 trout and they came unstuck near the boat . Rats !! 5 th hookup stayed on but promptly swam under my kayak anchor rope and got caught . It got to be a tangled up mess and i thought for sure i'd loose that fish . But , finally i got it netted and all the tangled line and ropes sorted out all the while thinking of the minutes ticking by and hoping the school didn't leave . Why me ?! Those trout stayed with me long enough for me to pick off 6 of them .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0350.JPG
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	560128Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0351.JPG
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	560129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0352.JPG
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	560130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0353.JPG
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	560131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0354.JPG
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	560132Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0355.JPG
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	560133Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0356.JPG
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	560134
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

My buddy finally showed up as the wind picked up and the catching slowed down . He had a nice red but while fighting it got a hook past the barb in his forearm . He had another rod with a lure behind him that he got hooked on . He finally just ripped it out describing how his skin stretched out "this far " before tearing out . Lol ! I've had it past the barb twice . This was his first . I drifted deeper and anchored for a while . When i pulled anchor i thought i saw him but it ended up being someone who told me my buddy went in complaining about his arm hurting . Cry baby . There's fishing to be done ! I got out to take some pictures of the fish and my new friend .

Name:	IMGP0358.JPG
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	560137Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0357.JPG
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	560136Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0360.JPG
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	560138

Comment

CONTINUED

I went off down the shore looking for flounder . I fished a slough and landed a too small flounder and trout . I hooked and lost a flounder . 5 th pitch back to where i lost him i felt the pleasant "thump" and got him in . 17 inches . I fished the area hard but didn't catch anymore .

Name:	IMGP0367.JPG
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	560139Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0366.JPG
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	560140Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0363.JPG
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	560141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0364.JPG
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	560142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0365.JPG
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	560143

Comment

CONTINUED

Name:	IMGP0361.JPG
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	560144I made my way to yates to fish up the bayou .

Name:	IMGP0362.JPG
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	560145Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0369.JPG
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	560147Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0368.JPG
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	560146

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26812[/ATTACH]
            i saw a slick next to grass and pitched a gulp over thinking it was a flounder . I got a 22 inch red instead .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26813[/ATTACH]

Comment

END

Working a grassline on the way out , i hook and loose a flounder 5 feet from the kayak . Throwing back to the area i lost him , i got him back on and landed him . 17 inches .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26814[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26815[/ATTACH] i got back to the truck and left at 7 pm . Fun day !

Comment

Fantastic pics and report!
                sigpic

Comment

Excellent report & photos! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent report with pictures!! Nice day on the water for sure!
                    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

And you said you weren't putting in those long days in the yak! Great report Henry!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Yeah , i was surprised myself i lasted that long .

Comment

awesome report and pics as always

Comment

Awsome report ! and Pics !
                            FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Thanks for the report Henry!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X