Red Fish in Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Fish in Trinity

Took my kayak out yesterday morning to northern portion of Trinity Bay. Thunderstorms were scattered about so I spent a lot of time waiting around. Lots of bait shrimp in the marsh. The tide was extremely high and you could see the Reds Tailing through the weeds. I put of a weedless and pulled out 2 from the grass. Dodged another thunderstorm and moved to a shell bank and pulled out 3 more reds that were pinning the bait shrimp against the shell bank. Ended up catching 5 reds and 2 specs. All catch and release because my freezer is full lol. Good day overall.

Sounds like a good trip...

Comment

Nice report

Comment

Nice job. Take some pics for us next time if you can.

Comment

Nice job.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Sorry i'm new to this so I didn't know how to post pics. Only took 2 yesterday morning of my biggest red 23". Also, the red fish seemed to scare easily in the grass. I had to cast 7-10 ft past them and work it back because anything closer they would take off.

Comment

Nice going...

Comment

No pics = fish story

I'm just sayin'
                "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

great job and Nice report!!
                  "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	red.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	489.4 KB
ID:	560212
                    I agree with the no pic = no fish statement so here's one of the red caught in the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-P View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26959[/ATTACH]
                      I agree with the no pic = no fish statement so here's one of the red caught in the grass.
                      Perfect eating size there! From past fishing when those Reds are up in the grass and spooky I'll take and throw on something really lite. No splash.
                      I'll hold off the bank/grass with the trolling motor and wait for them to move towards the lure and then start working it. I use ProCure on just about everything, so usually they get a whiff and head straight for what I have waiting for them.
                      In that situation usually something that looks like a baby crab does the trick.

Comment

Nice report . Thanks for sharing .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice fish! Just funnin with you about the fish story...thanks for sharing.
                          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Great post!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It's all good! Goin out again tomorrow evening. Hopefully i'll have some pictures this time

Comment

Working...
                              X