Reds + Gigging From The Yak- 10/24/13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds + Gigging From The Yak- 10/24/13 Report

Went out in the morning in West Bay to look for some fish. Fished a reef or two with only a speck to show for it. By 11, I decided it was time to go in. Heading on in I found some nervous mullet, literally the first bait I've seen all day, clustered around some bulkheads. Went over and my first cast parallel to the bulkhead with a TTF Hackberry got me a 27 inch red. Next cast, I pull up a 25 inch red. Then two boats come around and start trolling the shore almost throwing their plastics at me. I call it a day at that point.

Went out later that night to another cove to try and gig from the yak. I pull up the Mirage drive and just pole around looking for them. Tide was incoming, but still pretty high. Winds were non existent but the water was slightly off color. First found some good beds and then I found my limit scattered over a shell pad 20 yds from shore. No big ones, but it was still a good trip. Even saw 5 reds cruising the shell pad including a couple of bulls who swam right next to the yak. Pretty cool. Probably will make another trip before gigging closes for November.
    Resident Ninja

Nice going Jhua. Going at night you see all kinds of things.

Comment

WTG, Jhua!

Comment

Awesome day and night on the water

Comment

Looks like this rain washes any chance at Gigging before November
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Put the gig away and look for gulls working after this next front blows through. Fished five or six different flocks Monday, hooked a few good trout but gafftop were more numerous. Pearl/chartreuse worked best.

Comment

Heck of a report J! Way to keep after them.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report , nicely done !
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X