Tips for Kayak Fishing West Bay after Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Kayak Fishing West Bay after Flooding

I'm gonna try to take the new kayak out for the first time in the bay this weekend. Any tips for fishing the bays after a ton of rain? ie. North or South side better, how fish act with tons of extra water to swim around in, what they eat, etc. Any info will be helpful!

Saltwater is heavier than freshwater, so if you think the water is too fresh, fish deeper.

Comment

Wait till Sunday. Wind is supposed to be 25-30 mph tomorrow.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

If it was me I would put the yak in at Xmas bay and work the east shoreline. Lots of marsh drains on this shoreline. Fish the conditions buddy, if there is a lot of run of slow and low is the tempo. Top waters & Jerk shad baits (saltwater assassins, norton sand eels, Hogie eel diablos, TTF trout killer, etc) 1/16th or 1/8th jig heads. On this shoreline pay attention to details like the bait fish location (in tight to the grass line or out deeper) direction the bait is moving, color changes in the water, I hope this help you out. Lol now go get you some.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I guess ill have to check the weather before I go so I don't get blown right of the yak.. Never heard of those Sand eels before, they look look just like some freshwater shads ive used though, I'm assuming you work them the same way? Might have to go pick some up this afternoon..

Comment

Yes they are jerk baits
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I would tell you where to go again but you would just spook my fish!!!

Comment

LOL.

Comment

haha ya ill spook them right onto my hook. When are we gonna go again? Have you only been using the ski lately as opposed to wading?

Comment

Originally posted by cac2548 View Post
                    haha ya ill spook them right onto my hook. When are we gonna go again? Have you only been using the ski lately as opposed to wading?
                    Pretty much yes. I will be hitting the flounder hole the first couple days in Dec. You are welcome to join then.

Comment

Working...
                    X