Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a redfish 14 with rudder and it is very stable......the speed is not as I would like
    Not fast enough? LOL, don't ever paddle a mini-x then (my primary fishing yak). 9' long and FAT.

Comment

I'm closer to your size than some of these guys. I did a lot of shopping before I bought a yak. I came down to the Cobra Fish 'N' Dive as being the absolute best thing for me. Sadly due to Ike, I never once used it for more than a short paddle. Bountyhunter owns it now. Super stable with plenty of weight capacity.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Just sold my 13 and 15 Search.The 13 was better for the surf.Nice yaks.Folks say its easier to launch a yak than a boat.To me its easier to hook up to a boat than a yak.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          Not fast enough? LOL, don't ever paddle a mini-x then (my primary fishing yak). 9' long and FAT.
          LOL.....I almost was tempted to buy a pelican from academy or a king fish, but friends recommended to wait and be patient. I ve been in a 12 in red fish and the speed difference between that and the 14 is not as much. How do you paddle against the wind......do you even have a rudder on that Kayak?

Well as long as it the Kayak gets you from point A to B, then thats all you need, speed does not mean more fish?

Comment

MJ dont you also have a native.......how is the speed on that, boy it sure looks comfortable!

Comment

FR,

The wind isn't too big of a deal, although a headwind can make things harder. You can always paddle harder to fight the wind, but it has a bit of a hard time in ship channel currents. No rudder, and the shortness of it makes it go side-to-side a bit ("walk the dog" action), but you can modify your paddling and it isn't bad.

My Ultimate 12 is about as fast as any 12'er on the market. Tracks well with the semi-tunnel hull. Seat is as comfortable and dry as it gets.

Both the yaks do what I want them to. Mini-x is great since most of my fishing trips are on the shorter side, and don't involve too far of a paddle from the launch. It is light and easy to load or carry down the steps on Seawall, and can handle the roughest conditions. The Native is very dry and comfortable, with better speed and plenty of room to carry hunting or camping equipment.

Comment

Working...
              X