1-11-2014 east bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-11-2014 east bay

Saturday i returned to friday's area but put in at a different location . The wind was more southwest , west at about 10 mph and sunny . Brown streakes had mullet flipping regularly but i couldn't get a bite . I fished mud streakes close in and far out with no success . I can't explain why . It should have happened . Finally , frustrated i headed in at twilight . Near my truck in 2 feet of water the flats were crazy with the sound of trout popping the surface and mullet jumping in short , frantic leaps . I managed 2 small keeper trout on a fat boy and some throw backs . Right before dark i put on a black super spook and got one slapping blow up . I would expect to have had a field day catching trout , but , nooo . I think the fish were pretty small as the 2 i landed were 15-16 inches . During my time out i saw waders but didn't see any hookup . Another fun day .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27769[/ATTACH]

pictured is a brush fire at sunset . The yellow area is the setting sun .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

At least you went out and got a few. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Go get em doc....haven't fish there much myself.

Comment

Nice way to get out there to days in a row. I think the air pressure jumped up a bit on Saturday with the wind shift.
        Great pics on both days.

Comment

Har! Glad you went back and got some more.

Comment

Great report and pics. That 2nd pic is a keeper. I catch a lot of those. Think you have a keeper, but to short. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

I always enjoy your reports and pictures plugger , Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X