New to Kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Kayak fishing

I bought a Pelican Castaway last year for duck hunting and to help get to some flounder giving spots.

My father-in-law bought a place on Tiki and I leave the yak there now. I was wondering if there any place worth casting that I could get to on the yak from tiki?

I don't have a game plan for the canals yet, so if anyone has experience there I would appreciate a head start.

I'm not asking for "honey hole" but I am a full time student and when I make it down to Tiki I would like to get some pulls in.

Thanks in advance!

-Kyle

In addition to looking over the past postings on this site,
    I'd suggest acquiring the Hot Spot maps for wading, from Academy.

Welcome aboard!!
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I've never tried it, but I'll bet if you hop a small curl-tail grub around the pilings, posts, bulkheads of the canals in Tiki you can scare up a flounder..

Comment

I have never heard of a "hot spot" map from academy. Thats awesome, I will definitely grab one.

Thanks for the tips guys!

I'm headed to 8 Mile with a friend Tuesday night to try to grab some doormats. I'm still figuring out the summer tides. I went last night and it was about 4 inches too deep but still got one walking the canal.

Comment

Fishing the canal lights at night can sometimes be effective . I have yakked some the shores lines but not Jones Bay itself . TEXAS KAYAK FISHERMAN is a site worth checking out with the question . Others here may be more helpful .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

It would be HOOK N LINE map .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Tiki should be a great place to pick up some flounder. Like KennyWayne suggested, try around the pilings.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                It would be HOOK N LINE map .
                My mistake. What Plugger said...
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Night fishing has been really good this year for reds. Get out late at night (past midnight is better), and scout green lights until you see fish. Smaller lures often work better for this.

Comment

Great advice, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X