8-8-2014 Mosquito Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-8-2014 Mosquito Island

Two friends and myself put our kayaks in the water at 6:30am with a south / southwest wind , clear water , an incoming tide and abundant bait ... Almost too much bait . I slowly worked up the Skyline Drive side of the reef while they went to the end of the reef . I didn't see anyone catch anything . I fished shallow and deep . Lady fish busting bait everywhere . After hours of this , I flounder fished with Gulp along the Skyline Drive rocks back to the truck . My buddies were gone without a strike . I netted one flounder , lost a second . I left at noon . We were stupid to fish a morning close to a full moon .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Originally posted by plugger View Post
    Two friends and myself put our kayaks in the water at 6:30am with a south / southwest wind , clear water , an incoming tide and abundant bait ... Almost too much bait . I slowly worked up the Skyline Drive side of the reef while they went to the end of the reef . I didn't see anyone catch anything . I fished shallow and deep . Lady fish busting bait everywhere . After hours of this , I flounder fished with Gulp along the Skyline Drive rocks back to the truck . My buddies were gone without a strike . I netted one flounder , lost a second . I left at noon . We were stupid to fish a morning close to a full moon .
    you never know unless you go ,we been catching reds and that moon hasn't stopped them from eating during the morn . Better luck next time !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

at least you got out. You don't know unless you go.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I went , I know ... I know I was at the wrong places . Still , tough fishing mornings on a full moon . I'd have been happy with 3 reds . Next time . Yeah , still glad to be fishing . Don't know till you go .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I would settle for that instead of work any day… Thanks for the report Plugger! You will get them next time
          Fishwhisperer

Comment

Originally posted by rtoler View Post
            I would settle for that instead of work any day… Thanks for the report Plugger! You will get them next time
            Indeed!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by rtoler View Post
              X3!!! In my case a Frozen Shoulder!!!!
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
              X