8-9-2014 Boliver Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-9-2014 Boliver Pocket

6:30am Saturday I slipped the kayak into one foot breakers that looked off color in the dim light . Ripples of plenty of bait close in was obvious though . I paddled to the boat cut , the water was moving from the channel to the pocket . The water was clear green , flat and lifeless except for ripples of bait parallel to the rocks . I flounder fished along the rocks with Gulp shrimp netting one and losing one . Seaweed was gushing through the boat cut and fouling my plug as I fished each side of the cut . Boaters anchored along the rocks were fish less . I talked to two kayakers . A 43 inch red and a lady fish was their catch with shrimp . I lost several lady fish . I fished half heartedly back to the truck in flat , clear green lifeless water . As I neared the beach the wind picked up a little which was a good thing . I saw tons of bait from the sand to the third bar , green guts and clear tea colored bars . Two foot sharks were coming out of the water busting bait . I anchored and fished the fourth bar moving in progressively to the first bar . Lots of carnage and frantic bait but no trout I could detect . I saw no waders catch anything except one guy using live bait drag something back towards the beach . A shark I assume . I left at 2pm . The Boliver Roads and ship channel were trout green . I was stupid to fish the morning before a full moon . I should have fished the afternoon to dark .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

great report buddy. As soon as I get my shoulder straightened out Ill be back yaking.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Two tough days Henry. With a SW wind you picked protected spots.
      At least you caught your favorite eating fish.
      I thought about going out Saturday night around midnight, but was tired from working 6 days.

Comment

I understand . I've had a constant pain in my left shoulder that had rotator cuff surgery since these outings .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
        X