No announcement yet.

11-21-2014 lake sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes , that's the bridge at the south end of the lake .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report, plugger! Good catching bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
        You and your row boat........flounder tonight on the half-wit, er...half-shell! Way to go Henry!!!! Thanks for the report and awesome pix, my friend. Now let's go get some trout....Your boat still in the hospital?
        The row boat is a fine fishing platform especially for certain applications . I was pretty shallow for most boats . Boaters were fishing deeper water . Time , cleaning , gas saved not taking the boat . I'll take the boat when fishing for trout .
        Matter of fact , the half wit just ate fried flounder for brunch . I gave 5 flounder away , eaten 3 , froze 2 .
        Krolls Marine called yesterday stating the rig is ready . My old trailer bunk sides fell off last time I launched it ...HAR! I had them replace my Minn Kota 80 pound thrust for the I-Pilot 110 pound thrust . It will stay on a set course at a set speed dispute wind and current direction . Less fiddling with controls and more fishing a stretch of shore. Also , it will "anchor " in one spot . If you drift more than 5 feet , it will bring you back . No handle . Remote controlled . RTOLER has one and loves it .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          I read an article last month which mentioned these stand up jigs for fresh water fishing . I thought they would be good for flounder fishing where you would drag it along the bottom and not have it snag on something as easily as a swimming jig . It's the second time i've used them and i think it's the way to go . The tail of your bait is higher and waving around for better visibility . This jig is by owner hooks and has the best broad , flat base for this application . The lil john plastic i soaked in gulp juice and shortened it .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29790[/ATTACH]
          I really like that jig head. Looked at the web site and they are priced lower than some other brands that already caught my attention by doing the same thing. They make the soft plastic point upward.
          Very nice.

Comment

Yep , I think I got fewer hang ups and the HOOKSET was as good if not better than my usual swimming jigheads for a good HOOKSET . The hook was deep or in the hard jawbone . The three I lost I felt had grabbed it by the teeth then let go . They didn't surface . The line just went limp . I didn't have any throw the hook . . It will be my flounder jighead from now on . I use Owner treble hooks as well for plugs . They make good hooks .

Comment

Nice report Plugger! Glad to see you kill the flounder.
              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Good job Henry

Comment

The row boat is a fine fishing platform especially for certain applications . I was pretty shallow for most boats . Boaters were fishing deeper water . Time , cleaning , gas saved not taking the boat . I'll take the boat when fishing for trout .
                  Matter of fact , the half wit just ate fried flounder for brunch . I gave 5 flounder away , eaten 3 , froze 2 .
                  Krolls Marine called yesterday stating the rig is ready . My old trailer bunk sides fell off last time I launched it ...HAR! I had them replace my Minn Kota 80 pound thrust for the I-Pilot 110 pound thrust . It will stay on a set course at a set speed dispute wind and current direction . Less fiddling with controls and more fishing a stretch of shore. Also , it will "anchor " in one spot . If you drift more than 5 feet , it will bring you back . No handle . Remote controlled . RTOLER has one and loves it .

next time you come to krolls, let me know, I'll buy you lunch. I work 5 mins from there. I also don't recommend it for a boat shop. lol.

Comment

No kidding !? I think I still have your number . If not I'll PM you . We still need to do a Sabine trip . Charlie , Susan and the crew at Krolls are so nice . Good service too .

Comment

I had them replace my Minn Kota 80 pound thrust for the I-Pilot 110 pound thrust . It will stay on a set course at a set speed dispute wind and current direction . Less fiddling with controls and more fishing a stretch of shore. Also , it will "anchor " in one spot . If you drift more than 5 feet , it will bring you back . No handle . Remote controlled . RTOLER has one and loves it .
                      I replaced the fresh water trolling motor on my Skeeter with an iPilot and it was the best thing I could have ever done. I hardly ever use an anchor anymore as it will keep you in one spot for as long as you want. Comes in really handy when you are fishing for flatties and the current is running hard.

Comment

That's one of the primary reasons I got it .... To fan cast an area like a bayou / bayou mouth . I can do only so much with my power pole . I'm glad to have another positive feedback about the IPilot .

Comment

For those of you, like me, that don't have Henry's millions for an i-Pilot, let me suggest the less expensive, low-tech, wireless i-Pin. Position the manual GPS (Ground Penetrating Stick) into the mud and the device will hold your boat within the rope's length for as long as you wish. It only requires 1MP (Man Power) to operate and requires no batteries, just a beer every few minutes for power. the I-pin includes electrical tape (purchased separately) installed at 1 foot intervals on the shaft for a low-tech depth finder and is excellent for determining bottom conditions. $89.00 at Marburgers (Made by Stik-Pin). You can then use the $1,200 you saved for essentials like beer, smoke and munchies.
                          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
                            I replaced the fresh water trolling motor on my Skeeter with an iPilot and it was the best thing I could have ever done. I hardly ever use an anchor anymore as it will keep you in one spot for as long as you want. Comes in really handy when you are fishing for flatties and the current is running hard.
                            I'll give you 100 bucks for your old fresh water troller if it's a minkota.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                              I'll give you 100 bucks for your old fresh water troller if it's a minkota.
                              Harvey, thanks for the offer but I gave it away already. It was a MinnKota by the way.

Comment

I was mess in' with you Rock. My son-in-law is looking for one so if you come across one in decent shape holler. He was asking me about a " water snake" brand at wal-mart for like 400.00 but I advised him to let that go.

Comment

Working...
                                X