12-5-2014 lake sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-5-2014 lake sabine

Flounder were still on the move at sabine pass on friday . My 10 fish.....
    14 "
    15 "
    15 1/2 " , 15 1/2 "
    17 " , 17 "
    18 "
    19 "
    20 "
    22 " just shy of 5 pounds .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

It was foggy in the morning , wind sse at 8 mph , increasing to 15 mph and sunny in the afternoon , water 62 degrees , air 77 degrees , water tea green then darker as the incoming tide increased . It was a stong incoming all day .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29851[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29852[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29853[/ATTACH]
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

I had two fellows offer to take me fishing with them at the ramp . My fishing prowess and fame must have reached louisiana . Here's one of the fine , friendly louisiana guys . He was with a buddy . The other offer was from a lone fisherman . I didn't get his picture .[ATTACH=CONFIG]29855[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29854[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

The gulp nuclear chicken shrimp has become my bait of choice there . Second would be the lil' john chartreuse by mirrolure .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29856[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29857[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

My best luck was fishing the tide lines . This nice flounder escaped after i took this picture . He was hooked and in the net . He flopped around and threw the hook , landed on the front of the kayak and overboard . I've learned to keep them off a hard surface where they can bounce and throw the hook . I keep them in the net and suspended in air while i get my boga grip in their jaw and then string them , and remove the hook .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29858[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

The day started slow but as the tide increased and the 10:30 am to 12 : 30 pm major feeding period occurred and the sun appeared , fishing picked up .[ATTACH=CONFIG]29859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29862[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0864.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	561237Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0865.JPG
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	561238Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0866.JPG
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	561239Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0867.JPG
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	561240Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0868.JPG
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	561241

Comment

CONTINUED

Name:	IMGP0872.JPG
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	561243Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0870.JPG
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	561242Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0873.JPG
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	561244

Comment

CONTINUED

I've mentioned this before , but , I figured out a good way to clean flounder for easy bagging and storage . After heading and gutting , scaling , I cut off the tail and cut off the outside fins by cutting at a 45 degree angle into the body . It gets rid of the little bones and saves the meat .

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	561245Click image for larger version

Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	561246Click image for larger version

Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	561247Click image for larger version

Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	561248Click image for larger version

Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	561249

Comment

END

Handsome brute ... The fish that is .

Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	561251Click image for larger version

Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	561250

Comment

Excellent report and catch of flatfish, my man!

Comment

Great catching Henry. I know you love flounder fishing, so this year has been a special treat for you.
                        To bad you had that nice one make a jail break...

Comment

Another great report Henry! We'll try to get 'em Friday down here if the wind will lay down by then. Call you soon. (I can't believe I missed this post originally).
                          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Sounds like the making of another midnight wade trip? You in, Sisco? Lol

Comment

Excellent report, Henry.
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X