9/5/2015 Sportsman Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/5/2015 Sportsman Road

My back is out of wack and sitting is my best option so I ventured out in my kayak Saturday just to get on the water . The tide was to start moving out late morning , so , I put the kayak in at 10:30 am . The water was a dirty green with a south , southwest wind variable to 12 mph . Some bodacious thunderheads moved around me often but I just got a brief but heavy outer band pelting . Surprisingly , fishing pressure was light , a couple of waders and 3 kayakers who all disappeared after a few hours . The back marshes yielded only a small red and flounder . The bay looked lifeless . The tide picked up briefly mid afternoon and the water greened up and the sea life became invigorated . I was doing a lot of bottom dragging gulp infused plastic and finally snagged a good flounder around the last pier pilings . It was a beefy 19 1/2 inch beauty . I was hot and spent leaving at 5:30 pm . A half day of fishing for the former , younger PLUGGER .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Couple of nice flounder.
    I know that's your favorite, so job well done.

Comment

Nice flounder Henry!!!!
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Same flounder in both pictures , Dale . But , you gave me the idea of taking different pictures of the same fish . I see limits in my future .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Same flounder in both pictures , Dale . But , you gave me the idea of taking different pictures of the same fish . I see limits in my future .
            LOL!!!!!!
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice outing Henry!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Strong work

Comment

Good fish, Plugger!

Comment

Great report plugger, and good looking fish.
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                    X