Parking After Launching Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking After Launching Kayak

I just bought a kayak about a week ago so I'm super new at this, but if I put in off of Sportsmans Rd. (Galveston) will there be a place to park my vehicle?

Also is there a fee to pay to launch/park?

Thanks

No fees, you can't put in at the end of the road now. To my knowledge, you can put in and park at the boat ramp located about half way down sportsman's road. (It has been a few years since I had a kayak, but that's what I did when I was there last, so I'm about 90% sure of my comment above.) It may help to post the question on TKF.com.

Comment

I'd recommend Galveston Island State Park. Much better put ins and your vehicle will be much safer.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
        I'd recommend Galveston Island State Park. Much better put ins and your vehicle will be much safer.

Cool, I can see small parking lots located near the put in points that would help to put my mind at ease. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dakunism View Post
          Cool, I can see small parking lots located near the put in points that would help to put my mind at ease. Thanks!
          Don't forget to pay the daily fee at the north side visitor center (it's the unmanned box, east side of building).
          I'll typically put-in at Oak Bayou, where the road is at it's closest.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            Don't forget to pay the daily fee at the north side visitor center (it's the unmanned box, east side of building).
            Good advice. You can also get an annual pass for around $75 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post

How much is the fee?

Comment

Originally posted by dakunism View Post
                How much is the fee?
                It used to be $5 a couple years ago. You can call and ask.

Comment

I just looked it up. $5 per person per day, $70 per year. The nice thing about the annual pass is that it covers everyone in you vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                    I just looked it up. $5 per person per day, $70 per year. The nice thing about the annual pass is that it covers everyone in you vehicle.
                    Excellent, thanks again!

Comment

Hey Bruce, question about yakking near GISP...can you get there very early in the morning and launch? Or is there a gate that doesn't open until a certain time? I'd like to go explore over there, but prefer to be in the water before daylight

Comment

The hours make it hard to get out before daylight, but it's easier this time of year than in the summer. The gates open at 7:00 am and close at 10:00 pm. I really like fishing it in the afternoon and coming in after dark. I'll send you a pm with a little more info.

Comment

Working...
                        X