Sabine lake 11-24-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine lake 11-24-16

I took my kayak and my Louisiana fishing license to Lake Sabine . I have had good flounder fishing trips there in the past but it was not to be so last Friday . I put in about 8 am at the end of an out going tide. The rest of the day didn't have tidal movement to speak of and the water seemed dead . You know what I mean . You've been on the water before sunup and as the orb breaches the horizon you feel your surroundings come alive with water surface swirls and movement . Well , that never happened .I scratched out 2 small flounders and came in around 4 pm . I guess I looked pathetic as I dragged my 2 dink flounder to the truck because a guy came up to me and asked if I wanted a fish. Having no pride , I readily affirmed that I did . He and 3 others had fished the bayou mouths and he had landed a red on a gold spoon . I liked the old school gold spoon approach . Well , I guess I caught one fish more than they. I heard spotty reports at the ramp but one guy got a 10 fish limit at the jetties . Still , it was a beautiful day to fish .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Beats torturing your patients! heeheehee.
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Sounds like my trip on Friday. 2 bites and 2 small keepers.
      Water temp is back up to 67>68 degrees.
      Tuesday was the good day from talking to others.

Comment

Glad to see you getting out! Sabine can be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
          Beats torturing your patients! heeheehee.
          They appreciate it !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
            Sounds like my trip on Friday. 2 bites and 2 small keepers.
            Water temp is back up to 67>68 degrees.
            Tuesday was the good day from talking to others.
            I think the poor tides as well as water temperature had some affect .

Comment

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
              Glad to see you getting out! Sabine can be a lot of fun.

Thanks Tom ! When was the last time you went to Sabine ?

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                Thanks Tom ! When was the last time you went to Sabine ?
                Haven't been over there since way before my surgery in 2015. I have moved my boat from Bayou Vista for the winter and plan on making a few trips later this year.

Comment

Glad to see you out Plugger!
                  Fishwhisperer

Comment

Big temperature drop coming. There should be a big movement
                    of fish.

Comment

It's about time . I wonder if the bulk of fish have migrated out or not .

Comment

Great report Plugger, glad you got your line wet.
                        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                          It's about time . I wonder if the bulk of fish have migrated out or not .
                          Wish I knew the answer to that question. My guess would be no because of the
                          late start and only one Major water temperature drop in November.
                          Water temp was 72 yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon at Eagle Point.
                          It's 69 degrees right now. I know if I was off Thursday or Friday I would
                          be fishing at sunrise before the tide started going out.
                          You might get some hints from 610 radio in the mornng.

Comment

I was thinking of fishing tomorrow, Friday , but I need to take my truck to the dealer to check an engine light .

Comment

Good to see you get out Henry. Been wanting to hit Sabine but haven't been able to yet. Maybe someday.
                              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X