Back In Baytown- 02/05/17 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back In Baytown- 02/05/17 Report

This semester I am interning at the United Way of Greater Baytown and Chambers County. Because of this, I have been roaming around after work looking at spots that I usually wouldn't go tow since they are bit inconvenient for me. I found a creek that flushes freshwater down to the bay that looked promising so I decided to fish it today before the game. My early morning start was stopped due to my fiance coming down with strep and needing a visit to the clinic. Afterwards, I headed down to the spot, found that the launch was a bit muddier than anticipated, but launched anyways. Water clarity was stained at best, but improving with around 6 inches of visibility. I hadn't charged the battery for my fish finder so I used the stake out pole to dig around the area. I went further up the creek and found some good water movement and decided to fish that area. Using a 1/4th oz jighead with a limetruese ghost assassin, I fished next to a drop off and dragged the bait on the bottom. I saw a shrimp jumping further down the shoreline, so I burned the bait back to the kayak...and this big trout came up and inhaled the plastic. Setting the hook on a fish running towards you in a kayak is difficult, but I somehow managed. The trout turned out to be around 6ish lbs and fat. Action slowed down afterwards, but I did manage to catch a few bass as well!Click image for larger version

Name:	Big trout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	577087Click image for larger version

Name:	Bass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	577086
    Resident Ninja

Nice
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice trout!

Comment

Nicely done
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice catching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice going Jonathan!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
              X