4-21-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-21-2017

Friday my old fishing buddy and myself hooked up to fish West Bay . We haven't fished in months and happily he was there because I needed him .
    We launched kayaks and started fishing around 7:30 am . Around 8:30 I landed my only fish , a nice 6 pound trout . He ended up with 3 solid 3 to 4 pound trout on soft plastics and ED Special . If I was alone I couldn't have gotten a picture of the fish and me . She wasn't bleeding and she was strong so I released her . After the release , somehow my paddle disconnected from the kayak and headed for open bay empowered by a healthy 15 mph south wind . I would have been up the bay without a paddle if he had not retrieved it . While he was handing me my paddle our kayaks entangled and my extra rod and reel was pulled into the water . He was anchored and I was not . He saw the rod fall right next to him . He tied on a gold spoon and went fishing for it . As the words " it would be a miracle if you could snag it " spilled from my lips , up comes the rod and reel . Crazy morning .
    Partly cloudy , end of out going tide , 12-15 south wind , mud with scattered shell and grass , 3 feet of water , bait fish present scattering , surface popping from feeding fish . I had on a favorite corky , chartreuse with orange head pumping hard 3 times or walking the dog mid water level with pauses .

Well , I can't get the pictures to load right now . So , in case I can't get it done , it was a 12 pound trout I landed .... HAR !
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Good report Plugger, you all caught some nice ones.

Comment

Great report Henry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report Henry. Glad you went out with a friend and and things worked out.

Comment

Henry's back! Glad you got out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for reporting
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report.....great catch and report.

Comment

Way to go buddy....thanks for the report

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well , I can't upload the fish picture because the file is too large . I think that means the trout was too very massive to squeeze into a frame , HAR !
                  Maybe I can get some help from a knowledgeable moderator ?
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Way to go Henry! Glad to hear you're still "plugging"! Isn't that the same Fat Boy lure you caught that big trout with me on? I thought I stole it from you that day!
                    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

If I remember right doc has backups for everything....even good cigars....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave up smoking cigars . I miss a good cigar but I smoked them everyday too much . The hardest part of that was kayak fishing or wade fishing and not having a good cigar . That's when I missed them the most .

Comment

Got the picture resize for you. Very good friend/co-worker of the guy you went fishing with.
                          Last edited by Swizzled; April 26, 2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

That's great thank you !
                            Now see if you can STREEEETCH out that fish also to make it look longer !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG951738.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	562661
                              Maybe this is better? Might be the biggest I can get it! Per restriction to websites upload.

Comment

Working...
                              X