4-27-2020 sievers cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-27-2020 sievers cut

I’ve never fished Sievers cut much , not ever in a kayak . So to do something different on a less than stellar fishing forecast day , I headed out on a beautiful day . Wind was projected to be south up to 20 mph but it didn’t really seem that bad . The bay water was in pretty good shape staying a sandy green or better . Incoming tide all day . I fished the cut some then went back into the marsh on the Bolivar peninsular. A small flounder was caught and released leaving the marsh . I then went into the bay and to Peppergrove Cove . I foul hooked a massive black drum in the nose in one foot of water test casting after picking out a backlash . I thought I was hung up until my line started moving and then I thought it was a stingray . I eventually landed and released it . I paddled about 5 miles in all with no keepers but it was a good day being out on the water. The ferry wait was about 45 minutes. That’s the reason I don’t fish Boliver much .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Yep. My one experience fishing bolivar left me with flesh-eating bacteria and no fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Yikes !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X