No announcement yet.

9-17-2010 gisp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like always great report and pics! Ive done GISP before, just not to happy with there opening hour. Time we went the middle of danas cove was the key (but that was only once last year). 2nd time me and tumtum had some bites bouncing gulp out from the geotubes.

Plugger we need to try and get together to do some kayak fishing...Ive been wanting to explore around slp. Let me know if u interested in making a trip out there.

Comment

Good Times Plugger...thanks for the report & pic's.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
        like always great report and pics! Ive done GISP before, just not to happy with there opening hour. Time we went the middle of danas cove was the key (but that was only once last year). 2nd time me and tumtum had some bites bouncing gulp out from the geotubes.

Plugger we need to try and get together to do some kayak fishing...Ive been wanting to explore around slp. Let me know if u interested in making a trip out there.
        We can do that . Depends on tide and and wind . I've fished Cold Pass , Titlum-Tatlum alot . Fished alot the bay side of SLP behind the toll booth the most , but only once since Ike changed the guts . I have some hand held GPS points of guts from when I went and some of guts from Google Earth I want to check out..... mainly where a gut ends and comes up to the flat . 10 or so years ago there were some such guts now gone that were steady producers as trout would ambush bait at that bottle neck . There may be new such places but one just has to put in alot of time to find them . Those flats were made for a kayak .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Well let me know, I can make that time, we can go together and check it out. I like to explore areas as much as possible. 8 mile rd and sportsman place we have explore several times. I know produceable places. Chocalate and sttegast are new areas that I am starting to keep track of with my friends, and seeing what patterns and grounds there are. Went with my son to chocalate twice, and last friday he beat me: 2 croaker (he called reds), and I had a 21 inch gaftop (he called it the strong fish). But he has really wanted to catch some flounder, so soon he will be out with me more!

Comment

Nice reports and pictures as always.

Way to hang in there for the whole day. We left after the third time that it rained on us. It got to windy and we just said screw this lets get out of here, we were thinking the wind was never going to die down. I guess it did.

Comment

Great report and pictures. Thanks for recounting an "exciting" storm adventure.
              At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

As usual...the best reports on this forum...thanks so much for taking the time to post all that...
                sigpic

Comment

Great report. To be honest, I was a little hesitant in opening the attached picture after your inner *** vibrio comment...

Comment

LOL !! I take alot of pictures , but I think I would draw the line there ..... unless it was really interesting .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

sounds like a crazy trip.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

excellent report and pics AGAIN!! Thanks Plugger-you should be a sports writer!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

awsome, thanks for the report.. i love that area back in there, there is one big beast of a red that ive been tryn to get back in there for a while now.. he's showed his head a few times to me and i even hooked into him once but he got off right by my yak.. almost always see him in the exact same spot so i know its the same fish.. one day, one day..
                          Boats and hoes.

Comment

Working...
                          X