Leaders & Knots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madmike showed me the light.

I now use 8 lb, uni to uni , 20 lb flouro leader. Fisk breaking off is unheard of and my jig head bill is almost non existent

Comment

man, this thread is almost a year old.

Comment

40lb fins, Albright. 30lb mono leader about 14 inches long. I resently discovered that if the knot is consistently ran through the guide that it will weaken

Comment

I use Braided 30 Lb. Suffix's 832 to a 4Ft. piece of 25 Lb. Berkley Vanish 100% Fluorocarbon for my shock leader with a Sebile knot works great for me. Do any of you guys use the Sebile knot, if so how is this knot working for you?

Comment

Hmm, looks cool but I burn a lot of line and the double-uni is fast for me to tie short leaders. I always keep my leader knot outside the top rod guide, no matter how big or small. Doesn't work for big game but usually I don't bust off at my stupid uni-uni leader knot. I'm glad you like cool knots like that.

Comment

Leaders & Knots

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
              man, this thread is almost a year old.
              What kind of know do you tie Gilbert?

Comment

Albright Knot never fails and flows through the guides like butter...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Leaders & Knots

I always tie a Palomar direct to hook. If I did use a leader, I would go with uni to uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaders & Knots

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
                    I always tie a Palomar direct to hook. If I did use a leader, I would go with uni to uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Coming up on the second anniversary of this thread. After everybody's feedback, I switched to uni-uni on a 20# fluorocarbon leader. I use a canoe knot to the lure. I never have failures or trouble especially if I keep the uni knot outside the guides when casting.
                      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

From looking on the internet the Sebile Knot has a better connection for braid to mono than the Albright Knot and Uni-Uni do you agree ?

Comment

I always use 12 pound test and sometimes use 20 pound fluro.

Comment

Working...
                          X