Gulp / Spinnerbait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulp / Spinnerbait?

Was reading somewhere that folk's have been using a spinnerbait instead of a plain jighead with Gulp artificials. Anyone tried that, any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks!

That is my secret weapon. Reds and flounder can not resist it. On a tough day with stained water that is my go to. take the strike king spinnerbait and put the Gulp ripple mullet on the back and bam! limits.
    Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Yep, use it all the time in stained water and it works well. Or get a loud popping cork and a gulp shrimp and pop the chit out of it - works wonders.

DB
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Cool stuff guys. Thanks for the replies. I've got some old spinnerbaits leftover from my bass fishin' days, gonna head out in a few minutes to get several packs of gulps.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            Yep, use it all the time in stained water and it works well. Or get a loud popping cork and a gulp shrimp and pop the chit out of it - works wonders.

DB
            x2

Comment

Have to try that out myself....

Comment

In Big Lake we used a spinner bait with purple/chartreuse paddletails and nailed the reds.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I like red magics in the winter in marsh and grass line so im sure that works great with the added scent of gulp !

Comment

Appreciate all the replies! I'm armed and dangerous now!

Would y'all mostly use the spinnerbait/gulp near the grasslines, or would you also use them when drifting the reefs?

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                      .....the ones I have accidently left on the console aren't too bad with a little Tabasco!!

Tastes like Chicken!!
                      Oh... gotta remember this too. After them fish done tore up the gulp, throw it on the boat in the sun - just in case I run out of them vienner sausages/crackers while out on the water...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Boat View Post
                        Appreciate all the replies! I'm armed and dangerous now!

Would y'all mostly use the spinnerbait/gulp near the grasslines, or would you also use them when drifting the reefs?
                        Any structure all a spinner with a skirt immates is a small school of baitfish and baitfish mostly hand around structure of some sort

Comment

Come Saturday morning, I'll be chunkin' them all over upper chocolate. Wish me luck!

Hey, if any of y'all West Enders get up that way, if you see me, go by shootin' the finger, that way I'll know it was you!

Comment

We through them in about 15' of water at a weir.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Gulp...... never used it in my life. I guess desperate times deserve desperate measures. I'm o.k. with a spinnerbait in Lake Livingston. lmao.

Comment

Working...
                              X