No announcement yet.

Line for the bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12# Stren w/ a 12-16" shock leader. I like the sweivel for line twist and keeping the lure swimming true.

Comment

Paul, when using 10 or 20 feet of leader, is there any issue with the knot going through the rod eyes or being on the spool when casting or reeling in?

Comment

HM, when you say "shock leader", what exactly are you talking about?

Comment

I use 17lb test with a 24" long, 40# BITE leader.

Comment

Tiny, is that tied on using a swivel, or directly to the 17lb?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Boat View Post
              I figured this would be a redundant topic, so glanced back through 3 pages of this sub-forum, didn't see anything.

Have been using 12lb mono, but recently had a few fish break off. What mono do you guys use for fishing soft plastics?

Also, what about the "super lines" such as PowerPro? Any problem with line twist from the soft plastics like Gulp? Backlashes?

what you guys think?
              I use spiderwire mono fillament 12lb. It has a High abrasion resistance! Also set your drag a little looser that might help.

Comment

I normally use a blood knot when fishing with bait, but I try to use a small swivel when fishing with lures, no line twist that way.

Comment

10lb. P-line xtra strong green. Check out field and streams line strength test...very tough stuff. 20lb. Power pro slick 8 yellow on the spinning reels. 20lb. Seaguar flouro for leaders.

Jared

Comment

I loaded some of my reels up with Spiderwire 20lb. So far, i like it. Casts okay, haven't had any unmanagable backlashes, and easy hooksets.

Comment

I use 15lbs mono. As far as my leader i use anywhere from 30 to 40lbs test. I used to have to many break offs with 12lbs.

Comment

stren sonic braid 8/30, i have it spooled on almost everything i own.

Comment

30lb power pro....less backlashes than when I used mono...and WAY better feel than mono... I do tie on a 20 or 25lb leader.

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                            30lb power pro....less backlashes than when I used mono...and WAY better feel than mono... I do tie on a 20 or 25lb leader.
                            X2
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

30# Suffix with a 20/30# leader .....
                              "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

12# andes 4ft shock leader 20# tied with blood knot small p-line swivel 12-18" 20# sacrificial leader. I respool often 12# mono is cheap
                                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X