SKitterwalk Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
    that's killer. the sw-8's are nice but they don't hold up for crap like already has been said. they are also not made for salt water so you have to change out the hooks and rings. they are too expensive to be having to do that. Just stick with the ss jr's or she pups.
    me too!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good tip about the pink dye, thanks.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The Jr makes a great skinny water redfish bait. i just picked up the pink since it's back on the market and I'm sure I will put it to good use on some trout. For reds, in the marsh, the bright yellow with orange on the back will really make em angry.

I agree with most of the above and fish the spook and spook jr, and she dogs much more, but there are certain situations that the skitter walks excell. Last year I had several days in the late fall where I couldn't keep the trout off the little black back jr. It does a good job of filling the gaps in the color selection and sound line ups of the other popular top waters.
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

The only thing i don't like is how the back of them set in the water when sitting still,They kinda sink to me .My favorite top water is the skitter walk though.
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Checkout the MEGABASS DOG X topwater lure. Pricey at about $22 but unique smaller size at about 3 1/2 " and thin and a easy slipping through the water with lots of splashing for down sizing smaller than a spook jr. Especially good for calm, flat, shallow water and not being too noisy for spooking fish.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

or you could tie on a spitting image, in calm clear water, trout and reds will knock the crap out of it!! only issue is that its a little on the light side and sometimes they force of the strike will knock the lure out of the water. Still fun to watch!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Only complaint i have is we have alot that dont hold up. They will turn black on the inside and that comes from cracks that let water seap in..same with mine even the regular skitterwalk...pink is awesome in west bay also awesome in the surf in the summer!

Comment

Got a pink one for Christmas. Will probably return it. I don't own any other skitterwalks and don't want to increase the size of my arsenal. Quality over quantity!
                  Scott
                  "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                  X