No announcement yet.

"Best" gold spoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACME makes a spoon called the Little Cleo. It runs true, has excellent wobble, and you can see it coming from a long ways away!
    Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Still use the Johnson Sprite. I just put a new one on when needed. 1/4 OZ. spoon rules the flats. You can catch anything on it. If fishings tuff, I'll put on a gold or silver spoon. I always take some with me. 1/2 OZ. for deeper water, and 3/8 OZ. for the surf. They say spoons and topwaters are fish finders and if having a problem hooking up, switch lures. Sometimes I've found a spoon will catch fish when nothing else will.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

My son caught 2 reds on spoons yesterday.I caught 1 on gulp.So spoons are in my bag.He just used the Bagley with a rattle from wally world.

Comment

over the years gold Johnson spoons have probably landed more reds in Texas than any other lure. I have about 10 new-in-the-box gold weedless Johnson spoons of different sizes. I throw them mostly in the fall. You have to keep sharpening the hook. Spoons with a treble are great on flounder since they often hit the back end of the lure. I throw Castaways and Krocs in the surf since they are heavier.

Comment

Spoons Was one of the legand Rudy Grigers favorite lures.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I always have a spoon handy but rarely throw it. I don't know why.

Comment

When I was growing up my ol man fished all the time. I can only remember him using spoons,kelley wigglers and a 52m Mirro lure. He caught more fish than have ever seen. I wonder sometimes if I need to go back to the basics. Also I caught a tarpon in the surf one time down in La Pez Mexico on a gold spoon with a teaser on it. Go figure!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  When I was growing up my ol man fished all the time. I can only remember him using spoons,kelley wigglers and a 52m Mirro lure. He caught more fish than have ever seen. I wonder sometimes if I need to go back to the basics. Also I caught a tarpon in the surf one time down in La Pez Mexico on a gold spoon with a teaser on it. Go figure!!
                  those were the good ol days for sure man
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

If you are fishing open water, try the Luhr Jensen Crocodile spoon. Cast like two thousand miles and has a great wobble that calls them in. Johnson Sprite was the orriginal saltwater spoon. if it's grassy go with the Johnson weedless. Every spoon has a speed that works best, but takes a little experimentation. They all catch fish, enough so that a spoon of some sort is in the Navy survival kit, as the one and only lure. Kind of a forgotten art, but not really that difficult to master
                    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Still fish the Johnson Sprite but it seems as the quality comes & goes with this product as I have had them rust after the first trip and other purchased the same day that show no rust after multiple uses. Spoons will consistantly catch fish for me but then again who would of thought bass plugs would catch trout 15 years ago.
                      Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Working...
                      X