Jumpin Minnow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
    Dang Rick........That was a few years ago! You wee a youngster!
    Yipper... been catching them 30 inch specks for 20 plus years...in the 1st picture you can see the boat ramp in the background thats the one off 8 mile road...i'm standing on confederate reef right on the cut...i used to slay the trout there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
      Yipper... been catching them 30 inch specks for 20 plus years...in the 1st picture you can see the boat ramp in the background thats the one off 8 mile road...i'm standing on confederate reef right on the cut...i used to slay the trout there.
      I think that was way back when you took me under your wing,i must have been 15 then.Dang i remember them trips like it was yesterday.Thanks Rick!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
        Here's a couple using the jumping minnow...
        the second picture was using the old strawberry ghost....30 incher and a 29 incher....
        Thats the pic I was talking about!! that was back when we were room mates!!! If I remember right yall took the canoe to the spot using the electric trolling motor!!! We sure ate good back then. I think i have some pics of a couploe of stringers we took in Chocalate!!! If I cant find them I'll just post for mexico pics!!!
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

heck yea corndog...remember me caring that plastic boat inside that van for over a year...loaded on the couch and cooking inside the van on my ole smokey cause it would be raining outside...i had all the smoked piped out the front...sure must have been a sight to see all that coming down the beach....

Comment

I always liked the jumpin minnow-was neat starting out with blue/chrome or black/chrome and by end of day, it was bone colored with all the paint gone-then I would just paint em with some pink nail polish and seemed to not matter-it was pretty much 99% action, not color. I liked working them but shoulder/elbow would wear out after all day throwing them. In those back lagoons in WMB and the reefs of Chocolate, we'd do pretty darn good.

I have thrown the she dogs and they just don't work as well for me and my biggest trout was caught on a broken back in East bay in the late 80s. I still have quite a few of them (broken backs and jumpin minnows), but need to replace the hooks since they're all rusty. I never have thrown or bought a Brown lure and look forward to trying one, but I will get frustrated quick if I don't catch with it and I understand there is a special way to work them-I hope Chip or Sneeky or someone can explain and maybe show me what the trick is-until I know how to work it, I aint spending $10 on a lure. Yep, I'm a cheapazz.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I enjoyed reading this thread...and i like seeing those old fishing pics too.

Hell i'm still young and i've caught fish on those silver/black broken backs y'all talk of. We use to switch to em when the fish were short striking topwaters. I haven't thrown one in a while.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
              X