468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does academy have corkys on the shelves yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at academy last night and the guy said people are always calling asking for them. They have shipments en route but they don't even know when they will get to the store. It also only showed two colors coming in. Dayglow and Pink I think is what he said.

Comment

I asked the guy at the gun counter the same thing and he said on the 15th "they said mid February, so check tomorrow".... I see everything else being restocked but no corkys... I bought the silver/chart tail devil and pink original floater.... took a while to figure out how to use the devil. Turns out, slow means really slow.... I actually caught my first trout on the devil when I was reaching in my pocket to look at my phone... Par for the course. I was kind of skeptical of the devil only having one hook. But man, I had the rod tucked between my arm and my side, I felt a bump and then a tug so hard it almost ripped the rod out... I am a skeptic no more!

But seriously, its almost painful how slow it has to be worked in the winter.

Comment

League City Academy has spots set aside for what looks like about 15 different choices...but they're all empty!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
          League City Academy has spots set aside for what looks like about 15 different choices...but they're all empty!
          You have plenty hoarder.
          "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
          boom

Comment

corkies

Marbergers in Kemah had a few. but no pinks. It just looked like a few chartruise in th original and the devils. But that was as of last thursday the 25th of February.
            19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Comment

Monday on the island Academy had none!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

PLEASE READ:

Hey Guys have some info for you on the corkies...........

Don’t expect to find any for sale at local tackle shops. The manufacturer recently was acquired by another bait company, and modifications in manufacturing equipment were needed to start production.

I have not had an update on when they will be back on the market; however, I was told it would be early this year.

When I find out more I will post..........

Comment

FYI........ Corkies, now called Paul Brown Originals.

Comment

Corky's lures - $185 (Houston)

Date: 2010-03-10, 2:35PM CST
                    Reply to: sale-ntfjm-1637912658@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

23 assorted Corky's 12 fat boys, and 11 original must sell together.
                    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Saw this advertised on Craigslist today..............

Comment

At least 4 or 5 different colors in the academy in Beaumont today!
                        Originals,Fatboys,And Devils
                        Also have all the floater versions too

Comment

Saw some at the Pearland Academy....but they were $7 a pop!! Yikes!! Can you still get them straight from Mr. Brown for $5? Another thing I noticed is I clicked on the old corky website that I saved a while back under "my favorites" and it takes me to Mirolure's website. Did Mirolure buy him out or in partnership somehow?

This Academy also had lots of Devil Eyes and the new Brown Lure flappin devil...I think it's called...

Comment

Originally posted by spannymacker View Post
                            Saw some at the Pearland Academy....but they were $7 a pop!! Yikes!! Can you still get them straight from Mr. Brown for $5? Another thing I noticed is I clicked on the old corky website that I saved a while back under "my favorites" and it takes me to Mirolure's website. Did Mirolure buy him out or in partnership somehow?

This Academy also had lots of Devil Eyes and the new Brown Lure flappin devil...I think it's called...
                            Mr brown was charging 6$ for the last year or so, and no you cant go to his house anymore mirrlure bought him out.
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

I tell you what.....for the price they are wanting, there are pleany of other GOOD baits out there. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by lesmcdonald View Post
                                I tell you what.....for the price they are wanting, there are pleany of other GOOD baits out there. I'll pass.
                                me too but it is hard to beat that corky in the dead of winter
                                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                                X