Jamacia Beach Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamacia Beach Help

Looking to learn to fish from Jamaica Beach Subdivision and wanting to see if I can make a go at it with only artificial lures. Also; I have access to a boat, yet very limited experience so I do not want to venture beyond the sight of the Jamaica Beach houses.

I am currently planning to pull close to the grassy areas off Galveston State Park and the grassy areas on the other side of Jamaica Beach Subdivision.

Looking to try rotating Bone Spook Jr, Gold Spoon, White Bucktail and Gulp Shrimp under a corkand stick with what gets a hit.

Also any basic level tips on picking site to anchor; such as only stop if you see fish jumping atleast every 5 minutes or something easy for a beginner like that.

Thank you!
    Last edited by JBEHouston; July 5, 2020, 01:51 PM.

sounds like you got a good plan going.

Comment

Jamacia Beach Help

GISP is a great area to fish. I always waded it, but you can certainly motor over there. Liked top waters in the morning and evening. Gulp shrimp under a popping cork is also a pretty good bet.
      Always stop & anchor if you smell watermelon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by JBEHouston View Post
        Looking to learn to fish from Jamaica Beach Subdivision and wanting to see if I can make a go at it with only artificial lures. Also; I have access to a boat, yet very limited experience so I do not want to venture beyond the sight of the Jamaica Beach houses.

I am currently planning to pull close to the grassy areas off Galveston State Park and the grassy areas on the other side of Jamaica Beach Subdivision.

Looking to try rotating Bone Spook Jr, Gold Spoon, White Bucktail and Gulp Shrimp under a corkand stick with what gets a hit.

Also any basic level tips on picking site to anchor; such as only stop if you see fish jumping atleast every 5 minutes or something easy for a beginner like that.

Thank you!
        Catching fishes with the artificial lures is good technique and the lures you are choosing to try on is good too. You can also use trolling lures to catch huge fishes. I love fly-fishing. I use different flies to catch fishes. This link https://flyfisherpro.com/flies/ will be helpful if you want to try it also.
        flyfisherpro.com

Comment

Working...
        X