No announcement yet.

Loop Knots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you could try my dad's improved hatchet knot.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
      A loop not is still the one of the best and easiest knots to tie. Add a 5 foot 20 lb shock leader attached via a blood knot to your 10-12 lb mono and you have rig.I now there are many other set ups but you cant go wrong with this one. Matbe I will mae a seperate post with the details!
      C'mon, Corndog! Do tell!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

For the plastics:
        Fishing supplies for fishing for UK Bluefin tuna fishing, Shark fishing, Marlin fishing and all Big game fishing tackle UK & Worldwide.

Loop Knot on tops, Slow Snkers, Corky
        Team Tres Compadres
        Chris H.

"Clear Skies and Tight Lines"

Comment

I use a loop knot on plastics. You will twist the mono without it and weaken the mono. Also the plastic will flip over during retrieve.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I tie a 20# fluorocarbon leader onto my mono or braid main line (depending on which reel) and use a canoe knot for any and all lures. I used to use a surgeon's knot for joining my leader to the main line but wasn't satisfied with the results, too many failures due to operator error. I switched to a uni to uni knot on the leader based on advice from this forum and it works well, particularly with leadervto braid. The canoe knot never fails me. Easy to tie and the tag end faces away from the main line so it's pretty weedless.

See the attached fir a how to if you aren't familiar with the canoe knot. http://www.doalures.com/uploads/Docs..._Knot_Page.pdf

JYC
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
              clinch on a norton clip, or a loop knot
              Yes!!!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

I use a uni-knot on everything.
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Loop knot good! It keeps your line from twisting up and you get much better action also.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the loop knot. Can't wait to use it.

Comment

How big do you want the circle to be on a loop knot?
                      I Like My Females, Fat and Flat..

Comment

My loops end up being about 3/8" - 1/2"' long when pulled straight. Maybe a little longer

Comment

about 12 to 14 halfhitches will do the trick... I have had these hold on 5 hours fights and fish over 500lbs

Plus you can tie them hammered drunk.

No really know your knots...

Comment

LMAO Just learn a knot and stick with it... learn a knot you can tie in the dark and perfect it... you will find yourself wading before daylight wanting to change your lure and will not be able to because you have to have daylight to tie it... keep it simple because it really is... my .02
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

the loop knot works well for those who don't set the hook as hard as I do. I always snap the loop when I use it so I stick with the clinch knot and when I buy a new top or stick bait that I need to have the best action. I use coated wire and a wire leader connecter sleeve and make a permanent loop on the eye of the lure. Trick is cutting the sleeve down to make the most effective loop because if you leave the sleeve the length it comes from the manufacture the loop will have to be huge.
                              Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                                the loop knot works well for those who don't set the hook as hard as I do. .
                                Thats some serious shizzle right there. Ever straigten a hook?

Comment

Working...
                                X