X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reel back in lips regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
      the loop knot works well for those who don't set the hook as hard as I do. I always snap the loop when I use it so I stick with the clinch knot and when I buy a new top or stick bait that I need to have the best action. I use coated wire and a wire leader connecter sleeve and make a permanent loop on the eye of the lure. Trick is cutting the sleeve down to make the most effective loop because if you leave the sleeve the length it comes from the manufacture the loop will have to be huge.
      I will pay 100 dollars to see you snap a loop just by jerking your rod. Your loop is probably coming undone. you have to tighten the overhand knot before you put in the half hitch.

metal leaders are not necessary and are 100% visible. Just use higher test mono. 20lb is fine.

Comment

The line snaps behind the knot. I am an ultra light fisherman. I don't use anything over 10lb. test. Got to give the fish a chance. The loop knot can only take 70% of the original rated line strength. With my set up it is closer to 98% so I can use the lighter line.
        Son of the Republic

Comment

I differ in my opinion. Ive caught 40 lb jack fish on a 12lb test with 20lb mono leaders with a loop knot. Ive never had a loop knot snap on me.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            Here is an animation of the rapala knot that I use. I adjust the size of the loop and then lock down the overhand knot, shown in slide 3, during slide 9. Then I tighten the rest of it, as shown in slide 10

http://www.animatedknots.com/rapala/...matedknots.com
            thanks for the link to this site, I need to increase my knot options, this site breaks the process down.
            fishin' when I can, not when I should...

Comment

Working...
            X