X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who all are in for this Saturday?
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Bump! Conditions will be tricky but it should be fun. Remember, half the flies will be donated to wounded warriors.

Shoot me a PM on details to get through the gate, or if you need directions.

Comment

Wish I had that day open. I'll be in Port Neches for a mud boat ride that has been planned for months. Good luck to all participating. Winner will get a LS Shirt & FWE Towel from the website.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I suggest you (Brandon) PM Skiffstiff and others that expressed an interest in it since the thread started almost a month ago. Just an idea.

Good luck to all and good fishing!!! I look forward to hearing the results!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah we will see how the turn out is. I have received pm's from folks who are interested.

Comment

BUMP!! Come out to Harborwalk at 4:00 today! I know the weather is bad, but at least come down, have a beer, and bring some flies to donate to the wounded warriors.

Comment

For those with kiddo's, there is a playground and there will be a Harborwalk Xmas boat parade from 6-7 tonight.

Comment

Congratulations to our winner Dawg! Tough conditions today. If you would like still donate flies to wounded warriors shoot me a pm.

Comment

Congrats Dawg!!
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

Congrats Don!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I would like to thank Tidalguide, Brandon, for the tourney as this was his first event & hope to see it grow with more to come in the future. I want to thank my buddy John for letting me borrow his kayak. I started off the morning with a few first for me, one was that I have only fished once out of a kayak which last time was 7 years ago, 2nd challenge was throwing the fly rod out of the yak. The area I fished was fairly new to me also, waded it only 2 times & seen tailing reds there both times. The first bit of experience came in getting in the yak as I slipped in the mud & went for a swim. I paddled around for the first hour looking for tails,wakes & bait, finally saw some wakes & had a hard time setting up to cast to them as the wind was pushing me away from the shore line, learned that you need a anchor. I got 2 hits on the redfish crack fly I made before I spooked them. I moved to several different areas before the wind picked up & made it hard for me to cast into the wind, more practice needed there. I then switched to my baitcast & hooked up on 3 rat reds & 1 17" trout. I called it a day & went to Harborwalk, I was hoping to see more people there, but I was the only one that showed up, not the way I wanted to win a tourney. I told Brandon to donate all the winning flies to the charity & hope more get donated. Thanks again Brandon, it was nice meeting you & your family.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	556013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	556014
                        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Way to go Dawg.

Comment

The conditions where not the best. The strong incoming tide+wind was tough. Next time we will open the boundaries up and open up the species that qualify. The wind was so strong I snapped my push pole staking out!

Comment

Working...
                            X