No announcement yet.

My Biggest on Fly to date!!!!!!! Southern Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big daddy red! Im going to get me a fly rod and start getting into it before i take the trip to Playa. Maybe get The Shallowist to show me some tips.
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

It will eat you up Thomas, be careful.. LOL
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

That's one FAT fish. Looks like she's ready to give birth!!! WTG

Comment

LA warps your mind. I think we have an underrated bull fishery in our area. I am on a mission to figure it out on fly. Found a 40+ pretty far up in the bay system last month.

Comment

I have a 47"er in greens lake sight casted to, but that was 2 months after IKE, so not sure if that fish was lost or what....

We catch a few in the mid 30"ers in west and east each year....

and ya, LA most definately warps your mind on reds.. That is why we bought some lots on calcasiue lol
            Capt. Thomas Barlow
            281-827-6815
            www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
              I have a 47"er in greens lake sight casted to, but that was 2 months after IKE, so not sure if that fish was lost or what....

We catch a few in the mid 30"ers in west and east each year....

and ya, LA most definately warps your mind on reds.. That is why we bought some lots on calcasiue lol
              I have heard of a few big fish out of greens, but they all seem fluke-ish. This one was next stop Baytown. Calcasiue could be interesting. That area off the beach to the east of the cameron jetties has me curious. its just about day trip-able.

Comment

I will have a Travel trailer set up at our place in hackberry by the end of the month.

If your ever want to explore Calcasieu, let me know. Im gonna spend ALOT of time this year over there, both in the marsh and the main lake and beachfront.

My plan is to start doing some guided trips in big lake and sabine area's, so there are a few more area's over there that i need to learn better.

That place is a blast especially the west side refuge marsh!!!!!!!!!

Not the same as the trips we both recently took, but still great
                Capt. Thomas Barlow
                281-827-6815
                www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Nice fish Thomas.

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                  Brandon, you need a cradle to lay the fish in when weighing. There isn't a fish out there that should be hung vertically from a Boga grip for weighing, Can you imagine someone holding you up by your jaw?? Not to mention that fish have internal organs that are intended to be supported horizontally, with reduced gravity under water.
                  I agree. It was tempting to put some of the bulls we caught over there on the scale, but it just didn't feel right. Taking them out of the water for a photo puts enough stress on them as it is. Next time I head over there I plan to leave them in the water and unhook them boatside.

Comment

AWESOME red on a fly
                    WTG Thomas
                    Finfisher

Comment

that's crazy huge!
                      "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

wow!!

Comment

Working...
                        X