San Juan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Juan

Just in from Durango and my wife and I fly fished for 1st time with a guide (Roddy) from SanJuanAnglars based in Durango. We caught and released fish all day long and had a ball. He rigged us with 2 Nymphs leaders and small weights and of course an indicator. The river was freezing and running and the trout were visible everywhere.
    We both learned so much and he was excited that we both learned and improved our mending on the line and setting the hook always downstream.
    Also met the nicest game warden when we left town that was gassing up at a gas/grocery store and paid for his coffee and gatoraide and he told us to come back.
    My wifes and my shoulders are still achy but our feet have warmed but up!!!
    Heres my wife and Roddy!
    Attached Files
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Awesome, Mike. Looks like a lotta fun!

Comment

Nice.
      Good way to get away from the crowds on the bay this weekend.

Comment

I was out in Durango ten days ago taking care of some stuff for my Mom. I'll be back toward the end of June. The runoff should have slowed down enough that some of the good local rivers will be fishing well. The Piedra is my favorite. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Oh , i was wondering...i thought you had shaved that fine beard at first . Sounds and looks like a fantastic time !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We took 1st and last Raft ride on the Animas and it felt like off shore with 30 ft swells. The wind was terrible and water was 35degs. The captain was excited about going, as the water hasn't been that high since the meltoff. The owner of the outfitters was calling all the trainees in to go with us and train. Since the trainer fell off two times he had to drink a beer out of his boots when we got back. Guess some kinda hazing.
            We definitely are going back as soon as we can and book another trip and maybe do some dry fly for some top water action. When the guide showed me the nymphs and how to tie them I laughed out loud at him and the smallest hooks I had ever seen! No barbs either. I couldn't see good enough to tie them. No wonder so many other anglers had magnifying glasses on their hats and caps. Our guide did it all by feel after threading the eye 1st. We also want to try the Pike fishing or like the warden told us, its like our Texas Alligator Gar and they get up to 40pds!
            Your mom lives in a beautiful part of Colorado for sure!!
            Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
            I was out in Durango ten days ago taking care of some stuff for my Mom. I'll be back toward the end of June. The runoff should have slowed down enough that some of the good local rivers will be fishing well. The Piedra is my favorite. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

"Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

That looks like a great place to go!!!!

Comment

Jealous!!!!!
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Great report. Looks like you had a fun trip.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice Report! I'm hauling the kids up there in a few weeks. Hope we get to wet a line as well.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice Going. It looks like you're a real pro. They have some really nice trout in the quality waters. I'm headed to Pagosa Springs in the fall for the brown trout spawn on the San Juan. I'll post pics if I bring in anything impressive. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Comment

Working...
                      X