No announcement yet.

5/4 in the marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice catch. Hope retirement treat's you as it has me for the past 2 1/2 years, it's great. 75% of the time I don't decided what I'm going to do that day until I've had a couple cup's of coffee and then I'm still not sure if that's what I want to do. Injoy your retirement.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Nice! A new Kayak too? "The upper room", do you have a picture?

Comment

any pics of said fly? looks like a good time

Comment

very nice! (going to join the retirement ranks from utmb next jan.)

Comment

Originally posted by fishingrx View Post
            very nice! (going to join the retirement ranks from utmb next jan.)
            Hope this picture works. Am unfamiliar with the process.

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/jamesarie/stuff/new%20album/?action=view&current=b9b2b8a1.jpg&evt=user_media_s hare

Comment

ok that didn't work. Here's another try. It's kind of a bend back clouser with some tri lobal hackle and some flash blends. Actually nothing very original but developed from a few years of modifications. picture is from a phone and is a little fuzzy.
              Attached Files

Comment

fly

nice job! congrats

Comment

awesome!

Comment

those look great and easy to tie. cant wait to get my yak out once finals are over

Comment

Looks like a great day on the water, thanks for the report.

I need to get another fly rod!
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Way to go jim!!! enjoy your retirement!!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Cool. Looks like a variant of the clouser minnow. havent tried fly fishing in galveston yet, looking forward to it this summer. Cheers to retirement!

Comment

what do you use for that weed guard? can you buy those or did you make them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                              what do you use for that weed guard? can you buy those or did you make them yourself?
                              I make the weed guard with very small diameter stainless steel leader material and epoxy. This is usally the first part of the fly to fall apart, but it will last several months of steady use and they're cheap and easy to make. You have to have it on there if you fish up in the grass.

Comment

Working...
                              X