No announcement yet.

Gilbert, Power Pro sucks !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol @ Robaolo... Isn't that how it always works.
    I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

If you weren't soaking dead squid trying to catch big stingrays you wouldn't have had that problem.

Comment

I started using 50# power pro when I started fishing Bastrop Bay. I got tired of breaking my line on the bottom so I swithched and I've never looked back. I've landed a 10# snapper, 15# king, 25# jack and a 25# red with my H2o Mettle on my Texas Wader Stix with the pp.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'v watched power pro break on numerous tuna offshore .... "Friends dont let friends use power pro" ... and from what I gather FINS aint much better....

Suffix, Fire line for in-shore
          Jerry brown & Izorline for offshore

BTW
          I once had my drag tight while wading, the red hit my top water near me, and my reel, pop'd off my reel seat ....
          My buddy was laughing at me becasue I was trying to grab my reel to keep it from breaking off all my reel guides ....and fumbeling all around ...lol ...it was a sight to see...also lost the stupid red .... NOTE: set your drag,and hold on tight
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

PP does suck. Thats why I went with Fins Windtamer. Its the best braid out there IMO.

Comment

Sure blame the line LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                I tried the power pro 40/10 like you said and the d@mn fish broke my rod and pulled it n the water!!!! $230 is somewhere around the gas wells in east bay, mono would have just broke lol, i liked the line but i am never using it again !!
                You gotta loosen the drag!!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Whats all this power pro hating? That crystal fire wire looks like dental floss.... my surf reel has had te same power pro on it for a year (65lb). I fish the surf a good 4-5 days a week in the afternoons and even with itsoaking in sandy water for 25hrs/week, its never failed me. Lots of big bull reds, sharks, stingrays, trout etc.

Comment

I use 20lb on my abu and daiwa and haven't had a problem yet. Reds (2 40+"ers), mackerel, rays, flounder, trout, etc... no issues except one 4ft shark that swallowed everything and broke line about 4ft from me.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
                    InKed Angler

Comment

Working...
                    X