No announcement yet.

Assault Rifle opinions What to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the new Ruger built on the AR platform. It has great reviews and plus, it's a Ruger.

Firearms
    Product Service
    News & Resources

Online Store

SR-556™ · SR-556™
    Rifle / Autoloading / SR-556™ / SR-556FB
    Product Overview ·Specifications·Instruction Manual·Locks

VIEWS: Profile·Exploded View
    Extras with this
    Product include:
    ·Instruction Manual
    ·Troy Industries Quad Rail
    ·3 Troy Industries Rail Covers
    ·3 30-Round MAGPUL PMAG Magazines
    ·Soft Sided Carry Case
    ·Lock

The Ruger SR-556 offers Ruger’s legendary rugged reliability while redefining the AR platform with piston driven performance. SR-556 rifles come feature-packed and pre-accessorized, and include the following:

** Chrome-plated, two-stage piston driven operating system provides improved reliability over gas driven rifles

** 4-position, chrome-plated gas regulator allows operator to tune rifle to specific ammunition or rifle conditions

** Chambered in the popular 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem., the SR-556 comes with 3 MAGPUL PMAG 30-round magazines

** Chrome-plated bolt, bolt carrier and extractor aid in performance and durability

** Cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined Mil-Spec 41V45 barrel provides long-lasting accuracy

** Troy Industries Folding BattleSights are adjustable and co-witness with Mil-Spec optics so they can be easily removed to make room for high-power scopes

** Troy Industries Quad Rail Handguard provides rigid mount for piston driven transfer rod

** Troy Industries Rail Covers provide comfortable hold for unused Picatinny rails

** 6-Position Telescoping M4-Style Buttstock is collapsible and allows the length of pull to be adjusted from 10.25” to 13.50”

** Hogue® Monogrip® Pistol Grip with finger grooves provides comfort when carrying and shooting

** Soft-sided carry case

Corporate Site|Casting Site © 2008 STURM, RUGER & CO., INC. |Privacy Policy|Legal Statement|Web Help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Also, what has to be the untimate .223 if you got the bux/Users/bertzx12r/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Oct 13, 2009/FNM0110mb_2.png

Catalog Request - eNews Signup - Service - Contact Us - Dealer Login
      FN Home Products Reviews Press Events Video Downloads Training Safety About Us Dealer Locator FAQ
      New Products
      Handguns
      Shotguns
      Less Lethal Systems
      Special Police Rifles
      Precision Shooting Rifles
      FN AR Rifles
      TSR Rifles
      Semi-Auto Carbines
      Tactical
      Machine Guns
      Ammunition
      Accessories

You are here > Home > Firearms > FN Tactical Submachine Guns > FN SCAR™ 16
      Chambered for the high velocity 5.56x45mm NATO (223 Rem.) cartridge, the selective fire SCAR® 16’s innovative gas-operated, short stroke piston system reduces fouling for greater reliability. The SCAR® 16 system features three user-interchangeable, free floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrels with hard-chromed bores and three-prong flash suppressors. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls instantly adapt the SCAR® 16 to any user. The receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails enable mounting of a wide variety of tactical lights and lasers. The side-folding, polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull, and is colored authentic USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth.

SCAR™ 16 CQC

SCAR™ 16 Standard

SCAR™ 16 LB
      Last edited by 2112; October 13, 2009, 01:57 AM.
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

SCAR 16

Comment

While the SCAR is a nice rifle its too expensive IMO.

Get a Colt AR. A little more expensive than other AR's but worth it.
          Prices have been dropping lately.

Any of the AK's will do you fine.

Now if you REALLY want 10lbs of romping stomping power get an M-1 Garand.
          8 rounds of .30-06 goodness......and G.I.Joe saved the world with one.
          West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

I have the Saiga 223 and love the weapon. It eats everything you feed it and never has a problem (knocking on wood). Here is what it looks like after some mods.
            Attached Files
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

AKs

Originally posted by plugger View Post
              Later today. I had to stop and abuse, er, lovingly treat some patients. I wasn't in Nam. Got drafted at the end of the war and ended up active Air Force Reserves for 8 years, hospital unit. Do go to other web sites to learn a lot; they have AK 47 clubs, sites, comparisions with AR'S , videos, etc. You can get a quick aquire scope for the AK for better and faster on target aquisition, good especially for old eyes with bi-focals like mine. The AR was designed around the American soldier as being a rifleman. The Commies designed theirs so that any uneducated peasant could fire and mantain the weapon-witness all the 9 year old kids in the third world toting an AK. The AK would have the selector switch full auto first, single shot second. The AR would have the selector switch single shot first, full auto second. The AK, primarily a machine gun, the AR a rifle. You are going to get a modified Eastern Block single shot only AK, unless you spend up to $20,000 for full auto and fill out all the fed's paper work. Reminton makes the 7.62 round, but as noted earlier, stock up . You don't know how things are going to go down. I love my AK and it does all that I want it to do. Hope this helps and I didn't blather on.
              Excellent post. The other day I read your comments on the AK47 and have directed my attention away from the AR and towards the AK.

Comment

Yep, definitely check'em out.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X