No announcement yet.

Shell reefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy has a 12 foot Zodiac with a Yamaha 25 HP we would take out in the surf and ride the waves and jump them and everything. It was a whole lot of fun. We flipped it twice, the first time near shore in 3 feet, the second time was about a half mile out and water was too deep to right it so we swam it back and beached it on a deserted barrier island. We tried to get it started for about an hour, only tool was a leathermen multi-tool. Darkness was settling in and we thought we would be spending the night in the wilderness, but we finally got it going. We later learned how to right a Zodiac without the aid of the sea floor to push off of, man that would have helped a bunch then! But those Zodiacs are a ton of fun. I want to get one.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

There have been good fish on the shell when the wind allows. Confederate has some fish but not like it will soon. We need a good gully washer up the Trinity River to push all those fish down. It didn't happen last year and West was mediocre.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        There have been good fish on the shell when the wind allows. Confederate has some fish but not like it will soon. We need a good gully washer up the Trinity River to push all those fish down. It didn't happen last year and West was mediocre.
        Kenny......that gully washer that you were talking about is happening right now along the I-45 corridor. May it wash the fish on down.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Its been awhile since Confederates was on fire...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I've caught some big azz winter trout off Confederates through the years. Man, we had a flood here on the West end today. The heavy rain and full moon high tides have water over some streets.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Water was way up in Chocolate Bay.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Up everywhere....but not after Saturday!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                  Up everywhere....but not after Saturday!
                  That is the truth, it will be blown out of everywhere. I hope I can make it out of my hunting spot Sat mid morning.

Semper Fi!

Comment

dang! Water should start to get pushed out with this northern

Comment

we need the gt majek!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        we need the gt majek!!!
                        NO!! We need to get Shoalwater!
                        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I think we need the GT!!!!

Semper Fi!

Comment

hahaha see

Comment

Working...
                            X