Heading out Galveston Way this Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out Galveston Way this Weekend

The family and I are heading out towards West End, SLP area this weekend. We are used to fishing during the summer months (Water Tower Area), but this cooler weather is a little out of the ordinary for us. Can I get some suggestions on bait, tactics and possible places to hit up this time of the year? We usually surf fish, but will probably try and stay out of the water as much as possible. Thanks.

The surf is only producing whitting (however you spell it) according to my neighbors here on the West End. I don't fish the surf this time of year. If you go to the bay side by SLP, it will depend how far the water is sucked out. If you are with the family and just want to have a tug on the line, hit the surf with dead shrimp, fish the bottom either in the first or second gut and you will hook up on something. There might be more people on the forum that bank fish around SLP, which I don't do. Good luck and have fun.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Supposedly the jetties have been producing some nice sheeps which are loads of fun to catch. Good luck to you!
      Resident Ninja

Comment

sting rays at the pass
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
        X