Beach Access #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Access #4

Me and a buddy just parked waiting to get our lines wet. Update coming later.
    I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

hope y'all hammered 'em! looking forward to getting the update.

Comment

wurd. get after them.

Comment

Entered the water at 6am. Hadn't fished surfside in a long time so I stayed the first bar for an hour with no real action. I'm 6'5" so getting to the second bar is no problem. Waded out to the second bar and my buddy Trey hooks up immediately. I started throwing mullet colored skitterwalk and fishing turned on. Had 5 cast on a row where I hooked up. All came unbuttoned but one dink. After that they cut off and then we saw the porpoise so we moved down bout quarter mile. Went back in and Trey caught 2 barely legal immediately. I had no action on tops so switched to Hackberry hustler. By this time the mullet were in there thick. About ten casts later hooked into a solid 17 in. After that no action so we came out about 930.

Guys who were fishing shrimp under cork slaughtered them. I'm looking to go back Wednesday. Good luck boys!!
        I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Thanks and great report! I got all dinks yesterday in surf on shrimp, so ya did really great in my book.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'm sitting at my desk and you're fishing. We need to switch places!

Great report. Thanks for picking me up.
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice work! Way to get after them.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I fished down the way...not sure what beach acccess # it's between...it was past Woodys. The concrete structure is a lil east of where I walked in. I have heard it's good fishing there...I always see people fishing around it. I had a few dinks early on and a few blow ups but not much action really. I tried damn near every color I had in my arsenal. I am still getting used to topwater color combos and conditions. Didn't see much going on and most people made early exits so I didn't feel bad. I was just experimenting anyhow but was hoping I would spark the trout a lil bit..no such luck. I have had a far worse days so no complaints here...had hits on the first few topwaters I threw then in a flash the fish went into hiding.

Comment

@ ryno1975... That's kind of how it happened for us. I gave my 17 in to another guy and he said that gave him 6 total.

Comment

Though I rarely go to surfside these days, but still thanks for the reports buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by rscott02 View Post
                      Me and a buddy just parked waiting to get our lines wet. Update coming later.
                      Dang my alarm went off but i hit snooze.I made it down later in the day and the surfside jetties looked good.I went over to the other side (Quintana)and watched a fellow hook a big black drum and fight just to have it come off at the jetties.
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Working...
                        X