Sharks and Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharks and Trout

Summer school and this semester have kept me off the water for most of the summer but last fri. (9-9-11) my brother talked me outa of studying and into getting in his truck to go fishing. Found out soon after his plans were for me to yak out baits for him and his friend off the surfside beach for bull reds. Haha, he is lazy and fat so I agreed. The water was high, green, and pretty sporty. While yaking the first bait out I came across a pod of ten dolphins thrashing about and jumping all the way out of the water very close to me. I though it was pretty sweet. Ended up catching 2 sharks to 56" and 8 trout to 23". Sharks came on ladyfish and trout on live finger mullet. Nice day and was glad I went. Problem now is that i dont want to study anymore, just go back to the beach.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	570265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1268.JPG
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	570264Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	570262Click image for larger version

Name:	9.JPG
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	570260Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	570261Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	570263
    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Nice fish there...great pics
    sigpic

Comment

Sweet! Now it's gonna be really hard to go back and hit the books!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very nice!!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet! I've always caught sharks small enough I could pick up safely... Never had anything I had to "drag" onto the beach lol...

Curious how do you get the fish out of the water? Tail Rope? How do you get it back in & release it without getting to close to the business end
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WTG and Coe's question is a good one- how do ya handle them sharks?
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very Cool!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks 4 the report
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Well not sure if its the safest way but this is how I do it. Same for the release, just be quick to get outa the way. Depends on how worn out the shark is to. Iv never used a tail rope but then again I have never caught a giant shark on the beach. Im not that big (140lbs) so if I can do it, should be easy for you guys. Anybody know of a better way?

Last edited by RockFish11; September 14, 2011, 04:03 PM.
                    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Thats pretty cool. Don't want that guy to get a hold on ya...
                      I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Working...
                      X