9/23 sad morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/23 sad morning

Figured I'd take the kayak out for a little spin in the surf and try to pick up a few trout on Fri. morning. Made it on the water by 6:30 at 8 mile and boy was that wind higher than forecasted! Nevertheless, first cast I was hooked up with a smack....let it go. As I drifted parallel to the beach, I got a couple more hits, and that was all she wrote.
    When the sun came up, I could clearly see the visibility everyone was talking about. Probably five feet or so. I tried everything out of the boat, used a whole arsenal of plastics/spoons, went shallower/deeper, and still nada. I'm thinking the water was too clear, and the fish were probably concentrated around passes/ following the bait (which was scarce).
    Got out of the boat and waded the second gut with another gentlemen who was also having no luck. Low tide was around 8, so I stayed until around 9:30.
    I know it seems like live shimp has dominated lures this year but geeeezzzzzz.

Hope this helps some people out!

Thanks for the report! I think the trout are all but gone in the surf.
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Yep yep, that's what I'm thinking.

Comment

They are not all gone, but you won't find them in gin clear water.

Comment

Bait doesnt want to be there because they're an easy target...just like you wouldn't want to stand out in the middle of an Afghany uprisal with the words "Muslims suck"tattooed on your forehead!
          Gin clear= bait, flouro, and small hook....let it go ala natural!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

It wasn't a "Sad Morning"-you were fishing, so it was GREAT-ya coulda been at my office, in meetings-now that is a Sad Morning.

Thanks for the report-yep too clear usually gives up sharks and smacks.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Definitely a much sadder morning Robalo!
              All those thoughts were definitely crossing my mind after a little bit on the water. It's great to hear some confirmation from some experienced anglers. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X