surf tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf tomorrow?

might give the surf a try if its flat. they are saying its going to be a nice day? anyone fished it lately?
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Haven't fished it recently, but it does look like it will smooth out with all the wind. It's pretty darned muddy though. I hope the sand settles out some tonight. Good luck!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

West and Galveston Bays were whitecapping and looked like chocolate milk crossing the causeway. Surf is nasty looking too. If I were going tomorrow I'd do skyline off the dike or fish the south shoreline back water.

Comment

Your blazing the trail for 2012. I hope it's flat for you. As warm as this winter/spring has been, I wouldn't be surprised if it was good. I've always heard that 70 degree water temp is the right number. I think it was 64 yesterday so the time is definitely getting close. Good luck.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
          West and Galveston Bays were whitecapping and looked like chocolate milk crossing the causeway. Surf is nasty looking too. If I were going tomorrow I'd do skyline off the dike or fish the south shoreline back water.
          my girl wants a beach day.should be fun if the weather is nice.will take plenty of beer in case the fish arent there!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
            my girl wants a beach day.should be fun if the weather is nice.will take plenty of beer in case the fish arent there!
            Cuddles was messing with me about the beach earlier this evening. it's what she loves most about the island. Call me when you get down and I'll bring the mirrolures and you can bring the spooks. Still got my # danny? Any one else want to join in come on. It's a big beach.

Comment

Ya'll fishin tomorrow or just hanging out!How does the surf look right now Harvey?
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

It's a little on the sandy side but the wind is supposed to turn west during the night so who knows. Got a falling tide early but tomorrow evening might yeild something. If I take that 12 block walk to that sand I'm gonna have a rod and reel. I ain't into sunbathing.

Comment

with the west the east end may be the ticket but i've sleep since then.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yeah I like it here by the house east of the old Balinese. We might get on some big Sandies if nothing else. They like lures.

Comment

ive been catching a ton of large whiting in the surf recently. dead scrimp or squid. they make for a great fish fry.

Comment

Its a nice warm 41 out there good luck
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Just poured my first cup of coffee and went outside to take a look. Almost dead calm, suns out. Can't see the beach all the way to the sand but looks blue and flat. No clouds. Gonna warm up as sun comes up. Hopefully will stay that way through today, if I go, want to start fishing around 11:00 til high tide around 3:00 or 4:00. Best bite lately has been evening with the rising tide so if the wind don't churn up the water too bad, who knows. Counted 27 boats sitting out there anchored trying to get to TC with that 3.75 per gallon oil. Damn speculators.

Comment

going to my spot in surfside,we will be the only people on the beach hopefully.galveston gets to busy on the weekends.

Comment

Super Spook

Good luck, wish I was going but have to work today.
                              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X