Surf This Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf This Afternoon

The bite was forecast for 3:00-5:00 and that was "right on the money". in close, the water was off-color from the seaweed and the tide going out made it streaky. I fished the water change for an hour with nothing. I had been watching the sharks/jacks rip through bait further out and that activity was moving closer. I waded out to the next bar where it was trout green and immediately caught three trout on a blk/crm Shepup. The fish were on top of the bar ambushing mullet moving out with the tide. I missed a bunch that were short striking so I switched to a jig with a Mirrolure root beer Lil John on 1/4 ounce jig, and started hooking up almost every cast. Unfortunately a lot were small, but I ended up stringing 7 trout with one 20" fish.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice job Kenny...I only snagged two!
    sigpic

Comment

Good job Kenny! I like the lil john...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job ! speaking of "wading out to the next bar", Yesterday morning I was fishing the 2nd gut while standing on the 1st bar. Big mullet and small bait was jumping everywhere ! People were on either side of me about 40-50yrds away and as soon as they could, waded deeper to the next bar, as soon as the 1st guy moved out, then the rest of them followed. I was thinking to myself, 'can they not see that they are standing in fish and throwing past them'? I didn't see many of them walk out with any fish on their stringers. I have made that mistake many times and will do it again many times, But we got to watch the signs !

Comment

Nice work Kenny!

I had about an hour after work so I hit Quintana beach. 1 bull whiting and 2 sharks on plum chartreuse assassins. Lost one nice speck at my hands right as I had to leave. Gonna try again tomorrow if the surf cooperates.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice!

(Reminder: Get a place on the beach when I grow up!)
              Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Wtg

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                  Nice!

Me too!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

dude! awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                      Nice!

20 years ago I bought an old beach cabin built in '62. You can still get a place down here for less than $100,000.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Followed your lead, Kenny. Just got through filleting four good trout and released four good sand trout. Not a bite this morning. Caught on rootbeer/chatreuse shrimp tails.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                          The bite was forecast for 3:00-5:00 and that was "right on the money". in close, the water was off-color from the seaweed and the tide going out made it streaky. I fished the water change for an hour with nothing. I had been watching the sharks/jacks rip through bait further out and that activity was moving closer. I waded out to the next bar where it was trout green and immediately caught three trout on a blk/crm Shepup. The fish were on top of the bar ambushing mullet moving out with the tide. I missed a bunch that were short striking so I switched to a jig with a Mirrolure root beer Lil John on 1/4 ounce jig, and started hooking up almost every cast. Unfortunately a lot were small, but I ended up stringing 7 trout with one 20" fish.

Kenny, I have had good results with the Lil john over the winter. Where did you find the the Root Beer color? One of my favorite colors just haven't seen them on the shelf yet. Great dart bait with alot of action. Were you using 1/4oz or 1/8oz jig head? Thanks for the update.
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Kenny,

Nice report, thanks for posting.
                            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Goog job Kenny!
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X