Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaweed

Wats the seaweed looking like in galveston its thick in surfside right now

Can't say much about the seaweed as I didn't get in this morning but south wind had the surf roughed up from the pass to the seawall. Good luck to all who venture out.

Comment

Too sporty for me, but I didn't notice any new seaweed, BUT with the onshore wind it will come.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Not too many big rafts of sargassum out there right now either.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Not too many big rafts of sargassum out there right now either.
          You weren't outta Freeport heading SE....quite a bit of broken and mats. Lotta triple tail laying on them...wish i'd had a quart of shrimp. there were some decent size too!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
            You weren't outta Freeport heading SE....quite a bit of broken and mats. Lotta triple tail laying on them...wish i'd had a quart of shrimp. there were some decent size too!
            Use a small jig (those Buggs would be perfect) tipped with a small piece of fish. When you see the trips toss out some fish pieces, when the others come out, flip the jig toward the biggest one.......hold on!
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

The surf almost looked black this morning at public entrance 3 we spot hopped and didnt do that great but it was good being on the water!

Comment

Working...
              X