Surf Report 5/17/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Report 5/17/13

We decided to take advantage of the good color in the surf last week. Weren't shark fishing, just trying to see if we could pick up some trout even though it was pretty rough. Water clarity was beautiful. Tons of mullet. We were able to castnet a bunch of different sizes. We waded out and managed 2 solid trout and a slot red on live finger mullet. Current was really rippin. A few other things broke off. Possibly smacks or small sharks. We did paddle some close baits out. Live mullet. We ended up getting 2 nice Bull Reds at sundown. Waiting for the surf to calm down to possible set some shark baits out. I'd post the pics of our fish, but my phone got dunked yesterday in the bay so, yeah.....

PS, the surfing has been pretty fun. Been out on the waves a lot the past few days with these conditions.
    You never know what the tide might bring

thanks 4 the report! I will be down there as soon as I get my truck out of the shop, hopefully tomorrow.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Re: Surf Report 5/17/13

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
      thanks 4 the report! I will be down there as soon as I get my truck out of the shop, hopefully tomorrow.
      What's up w the truck?
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice Report. I guess when you love to fish and surf, then the surf is most always "Ice Cream" in one form or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          What's up w the truck?
          A/C broken and exhaust manifold leak. picking it up at 1, you ready?
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
          X