Friday june 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday june 14

I fished the surf at the west end condos with the professional weather condition guessers calling for 2 foot or less wave height and light sw wind . I know the wind direction stinks but i haven't fished the surf all year and the surf is where i would want to be rather than anywhere else if decent . I gave it a go and at dawn the wind was calm and the surf manageable . Clarity was off color be improved to sandy brown 9 inch visibility .... Not so great . But , i stayed because tons of bait was obvious.....rafts of mullet , other finfish , about a 100 gulls diving , 20 pelicans and and surface popping and feeding . I worked hard at it but only managed a jack crevalle on a 51 mirrolure and a nasty big gafftopsail catfish that tore up my carrotop fat boy . I left after 3 hours and went to the east end overlooking the ship channel to check out the water . It was protected of course with the sw wind and the water had some green . I should have tried wading the channel at affel park . But i was tired and headed home .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Now thats what I'm talking about a plugger report like only you can do!!! Keep them coming and next time you fall off the map give us a warning so we won't have to ask "has anyone talked to Henry how is he doing???"
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Friday june 14

X2 what Hogie said!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report. I had the same results (only no jack crevelle this time) at the Surfside Pay Beach Friday at first light. On Saturday I was rigged and ready. I checked the beach at various locations between the mouth of the Brazos all the way to the public access at the water tower on the west end near Point San Luis. Saw nothing but brown water everywhere I went and never bothered to get wet. Tons of people in the water on the bayside of the west end (Rooster Collins Flats, etc), but I was too lazy to make the long wade out to the drop off there. I did receive a report from a couple of friends that accessed that area by boat Saturday AM and did real good on tops till the bite died around 9.

Comment

Originally posted by hogie70 View Post
          now thats what i'm talking about a plugger report like only you can do!!! Keep them coming and next time you fall off the map give us a warning so we won't have to ask "has anyone talked to henry how is he doing???"
          but no pictures of the trout i didn't catch ....? I'll take some pics next time . By the way , i like your chuck swindoll quote .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X