7/4 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/4 report

Jumped in at 5:45 with several others and hand a few blow up before sunrise. Switch to bone spook jr and landed two solid trout and then a crowd showed up, poggies moved in and it turned off. Did see a shark jump out of the water blowing up bait, it was really cool to see. Hope everyone else did better!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

had 5 dinks before the sun came up. think im going to give up on the surf this year.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Its getting old and tired. Nothing but bluefish and dinks for me this AM; in the surf close to the pass. All I threw was a gold spoon; I saw no bent poles in either direction for those throwing soft plastics

Comment

I was out of the water by 8:00 am with a catch of a blue fish and a foul hooked sand trout. Got crowded out by a gang equipped with cast nets, surf rods and screaming girls on the second bar. Good ole 4th of July. Come on manana.

Comment

Took my 7 year old son to the seawall on the end towards San Luis pass. Last year in late April I caught my limit in an hour and a half at this spot. So, I thought we'd give it a shot. We fished live shrimp under popping cork since he isn't quite ready for artificials. Got there at 6:30, mullet were very thick, thousands of them, but they didn't look too nervous. We fished for a little bit and nothing. Decided to find a beach spot down the road but waves were just a little too much for my son. Went back to fishing off the rocks and still nothing. Called it quits at 9:30...I could fish all day but my son doesn't have the patience yet. Conditions looked good...the fish were just not there where we were at.

Comment

the fish went south!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer21 View Post
              jumped in at 5:45 with several others and hand a few blow up before sunrise. Switch to bone spook jr and landed two solid trout and then a crowd showed up, poggies moved in and it turned off. Did see a shark jump out of the water blowing up bait, it was really cool to see. Hope everyone else did better!
              uh-oh , so now is the bone ss jr your favorite go to bait ? Forget that black one , har ! Most of the time one's favorite bait is the one they last caught fish with .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WTG Mike, Glad to see you out therein the water chunkin tops again!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

It felt good to get wet and throw the tops again, I really missed it. Funny thing is, my arm was sore the next day, which is good!
                  Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  WTG Mike, Glad to see you out therein the water chunkin tops again!
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Be nice, I threw the bone because the sun was coming up.
                    Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    uh-oh , so now is the bone ss jr your favorite go to bait ? Forget that black one , har ! Most of the time one's favorite bait is the one they last caught fish with .
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

At least you went out and fished with your son and he was not in front of a video game, I respect that!
                      Originally posted by spannymacker View Post
                      Took my 7 year old son to the seawall on the end towards San Luis pass. Last year in late April I caught my limit in an hour and a half at this spot. So, I thought we'd give it a shot. We fished live shrimp under popping cork since he isn't quite ready for artificials. Got there at 6:30, mullet were very thick, thousands of them, but they didn't look too nervous. We fished for a little bit and nothing. Decided to find a beach spot down the road but waves were just a little too much for my son. Went back to fishing off the rocks and still nothing. Called it quits at 9:30...I could fish all day but my son doesn't have the patience yet. Conditions looked good...the fish were just not there where we were at.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Big Mike - Thanks for the report and hard bait detail. I found the site.
                        T/L and Courtesy on the water.

Comment

Working...
                        X