7-5-2013 west galveston beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-5-2013 west galveston beach

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26024[/ATTACH]

met up with 2 buddies to hopefully catch a decent surf day . It wasn't flat as predicted and so-so green with ne winds 5-8 early . But the presence of mullet rafts and fleeing baitfish looked promising . But we got skunked . Last time i surf fished at least i got a gafftop and a jack crevalle ! Got there before sunrise and my 2 guys left at about 7:30 am . I stayed until 10 am before giving up . Never saw others in the surf bend a rod .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

END

OPPS , I DIDN'T MEAN TO PUT IN ALL THOSE PICTURES . I HAVE TO RELEARN THE ADDING PICTURES THING . I LEFT THE BEACH AND WENT BEHIND THE TOLL BOOTH AT SLP . IT LOOKED OK , WATER NICE WITH MODERATE NORTH WIND CLOCKING ROUND TO NE , EAST WHILE I WAS THERE . I FINALLY LANDED ONE 16 INCH SPEC AND A GOLDEN CROAKER ( WHICH I KEPT SHAMELESSLY TO AT LEAST HAVE ENOUGH FISH TO A SMALL MEAL ) . THE SPEC WAS TAKEN ON A CORKY THEN AFTER SEVERAL HOURS BOUNCED A GULP ALONG THE BOTTOM FOR FLOUNDER . I LOST A MYSTERY FISH AND WHAT FELT LIKE A RED . WENT BACK TO MY TRUCK AT 2 PM AND TOOK SOME PICTURES OF OTHER FISHERMEN . I SAW SOME LIVE BAITERS CATCH TRASH FISH AND ONE KEEPER TROUT . LEFT AT 2:30 PM .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report plugger. It's been tough, I fished hard the 3rd, 4th & 5th and had very little to show for my efforts. In a way, I'm kinda glad the conditions have roughed up a bit, now I can just work and get a little rest. BTW, I liked the pics and am not at all opposed to keeping a nice croaker. You sure don't see the big ones like in the old days.

Comment

Nice report Henry. Water looks fishy. Seems like you would have caught some fish early while the tide was still moving.
        Good to see you back out there.....Nice Pics.

Comment

thanks 4 the report
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
          X