SS friday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS friday morning

hit the water at 6:30 and the bite was on. the water was a little sandy with tons of bait. I caught about 20 trout and lost 10 more plus 2 rat reds. nice overcast morning with NW winds 5 to 10. it was really rough when I got there but was calming down a lot by the time I left at 9. most fish in the 14 to 16" range and all released, forgot my stringer. all fish caught on cocahoe minnows in the second gut.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Nice going, Danny. Wish I would have heard my phone. Great report!

Comment

SS friday morning

Wow! Sounds like a great way to start the day!!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report Danny! Thanks!

Comment

great report! nothing like getting your string pulled 20 or 30 times each morning to start the day.

Comment

awsome report !
            FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

We were over near the jetty and couldn't find trout to save our life. Very little bait.
              Resident Ninja

Comment

sweet
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                  We were over near the jetty and couldn't find trout to save our life. Very little bait.
                  they like it rough. lol went again this afternoon with Rick to the same spot. tide wasn't as high but we still caught 7 or 8 dinks. the guy next to us had a 24 and a couple more keepers on live shrimp. see what happens in the morning!

Comment

well I didn't make it out of bed this morning. my phone was ringing off the hook by 7. rick sent me a pic of his 27 in. trout and said he caught at least 30 more smaller ones. SS was the place to be yesterday and today. maybe go down this afternoon or in the morning.

Comment

Oh man , I wish I had been at SS instead of SLP surf .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X